Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » dry sex, late period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dry sex, late period
jouissance
Neophyte
Member # 106280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jouissance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So here's the deal. I'm a 19 year old. I had dry sex with my boyfriend. I was wearing tights and my underwear and he ejaculated around my vagina and vulva. I felt my clothes go wet. It was stupid of me but I just wiped it off, didn't wash it off right away. Initially I was worried this might cause a problem, but then I read many articles on this website and found out that two layers of clothing do not let the sperm pass. Also this happened two days after my last period got over so I guess that also ruled out any risk. This happened a month ago.

However my period is 6 days late now. Around the time I was supposed to get it, my breasts got sore like they normally do. And unlike other times though, they also felt heavier. But now they don't feel sore/heavy at all. Why has this happened? Does this point to me being pregnant by any chance? I've had a lot of stress due to work in the past month. And I don't get my period bang on, on the expected date always either. Is that why I haven't gotten my period yet?

Please do let me know, because I'm starting to get worried about this.

Posts: 4 | From: america | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jouissance
Neophyte
Member # 106280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jouissance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh and one more thing, I tried hunting the forum to see if someone has posted the same questions as mine, but didn't find any. Sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this new thread!
Posts: 4 | From: america | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haleigh H
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 103145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haleigh H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem jouissance. It sounds like you've done quite a bit of looking around on the site and ruled out any risk of pregnancy. The information you read is correct.

There are a lot of other things that can cause your period to be late, light, or not come around at all. Have you read the sites Guide to Menstruation? I think it will be really helpful and ease your mind.

Let me know if you still feel uneasy or have questions after giving this a look.

--------------------
Haleigh

Posts: 176 | From: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jouissance
Neophyte
Member # 106280

Thanks a lot for the help, it calmed me down.

Also, I should have waited for a day before posting this, because I got my period today. *whew!*

But there's one more thing I wanted to ask, which I couldn't find in your articles. Earlier I never used to feel any symptom before my period. Then I started getting slight cramps so I knew it was going to start. Then the cramps stopped and my breasts used to feel sore before my period. Why are these changes happening? I'm 19, and it's been 8 years since my menarche, so shouldn't things have gotten regular and my PMS symptoms more uniform by now?

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Changes to your cycle can (and likely will) happen until you stop menstruating. The idea that once your cycle regulates it just stays that way isn't really accurate - our bodies keep changing for the whole of our lives in a lot of ways, and that includes changes in PMS symptoms and the length of your cycle.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.