Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Need answer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need answer
cannavaro
Neophyte
Member # 47524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cannavaro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had sex with my gf. She is not virgin but when I tried to penetrate her she seems painful. And she told me her hymen is still intact. I not so sure about this as I touch and look it does not seems she still has the hymen. Once a female had sex usually hymen is not visible, am I correct?

Though I manage to penetrate eventually but this really scared me. I did wear condom and after I ejaculated, I touch my condom is wet and sticky on the outside. I got freak out as I thought my condom broke. I did add in water after that for a "test" but no leakage. Could it be her fluid that she produce during sex? Because when I finger her it is wet too. So I am not sure does female produce such fluid during sex? And could she be pregnant?

Posts: 14 | From: Asia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI cannavaro,

I'm going to give you some information to read about the hymen, or as we now call it, the corona. The corona is a membrane, and is not, in the majority of people, compeltely solid. Also, there are many things that cause it to wear away or completely disappear, not just sex.

Here's that article. I think reading it will clear up this confusion for you.

My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen & the Myths That Surround It

Yes, what you felt on the outside of your condom was probably your girlfriend's vaginal secretions. Vaginas usually have some wetness, even when there is no sex. The cervix secretes mucus on a daily basis, and there are glands around the outside of the vagina that, for many, secrete fluid when the person becomes aroused.

Here's some more information about anatomy that you might find helpful.

Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

When condoms break, they really break, as in splitting or tearing. So, you'll see if it breaks. [Smile] IN future, there's no need to fil the condom with water to see if there's a hole in it. [Smile]

I'm not sure what you mean by asking if she could be pregnant. Are you asking if she could have gotten pregnant from the intercourse you engaged in? When engaging in sexual activities that could lead to pregnancy, as intercourse can, there's always some risk of pregnancy. However, you described using the condom properly, and there was no condom break, so the risk is really very low.

Does this information help answer your questions? If you need more information, just ask. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.