Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » feeling very irregular

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: feeling very irregular
corky404
Neophyte
Member # 104900

Icon 9 posted      Profile for corky404     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am experiancing a missed period. I have tender nipples (not the whole breast), cramps that would make me believe im going to have my period but no blood is coming out. I don't even have that mucus discharge coming, making me think im probably not ovulating. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests, all of them negative (which im grateful for) and i am dealing with tiredness, trouble concentrating, a need to cry and feel anxious, and have an appetite for snacks every so often.
I know all this sounds like pms but no blood is coming out. I went to a doctor and he told me to get blood work done to see if its my thyroid, but i keep thinking its my own uterus. I actually don't know what to think, but can anyone give me their opinion? I want to know what could possibly be wrong with me. Im scared..

--------------------
Corky

Posts: 31 | From: cali | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're already seeing a healthcare provider who, it sounds like, is evaluating this for you.

Since they're the only person who can really do that well, that's the person I would suggest you talk with about this. We really can't possibly guess at what is or isn't going on here.

However, if what they have done is suggested blood work, then if you haven't already followed up with that, that's clearly your next step.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67955 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.