Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Late period but had protected sex. Really worried HELP PLEASE!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late period but had protected sex. Really worried HELP PLEASE!!
Anonymous5104
Neophyte
Member # 104393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anonymous5104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was supposed to get my period a little over a week ago and it still hasn't come. I am not on the pill but have just recently got it. However I was told not to start it until I actually got my period. I had protected sex about 2 weeks ago and usually my period is a few days late, but never this late. I'm really scared I may be pregnant and I am not sure what to do. (Really don't want to go buy a test). Does sex usually make your period this late?? I also took plan b in December and then received my period in January. Could that still be affecting it? I need all the advice please! I'm starting to get really worried... [Frown]
Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen, Anonymous.

If you say your period is usually late, it sounds like you may not be charting your period properly. And that also means that it's really hard to predict your period .. who knows, you may not be late at all.

Sex (unless one gets pregnant) does not affect the menstrual cycle. And you say you used protection - I guess that means you used a condom? If so, and you used the condom correctly for all genital contact and you did not have a condom failure, you cannot be pregnant.

So, at this point, I'd advise you not to sweat it. Give your period a few more days.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexalex
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 100767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll add to what joey said that taking plan B definitely can throw off your schedule, so whatever charting you did prior to that, it doesn't really mean anything anymore. It might take awhile for things to settle back into a regular-ish pattern.
Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.