Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worried
noshen26
Neophyte
Member # 48683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noshen26     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to the states,and recently starting having sex. I had protected sex with my boyfriend (used condoms) and he usally tries not to cum inside me (despite wearing a condom). So far from what I remember we have been pretty responsible. I had sex on the 14 of this month last. Supposed to have my period on the 24th. i have a pretty regular cycle and i am a bit paranoid and too ashamed to tell anybody i am scared. I know 2 days is nothing to feel worried about, but do you think I should take a home pregnancy test or just wait for a few more days?
Posts: 3 | From: abc | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have used condoms properly, from start to finish, every time you have engaged in sex, pregnancy isn't at all likely.

However, if you're not certain about that OR if your period does wind up being late (usually a "late" period is figured to be not getting one about five days after it's expected), then it would be wise to test soon. But waiting a few more days is a good idea, since it doesn't sound like your period is late just yet.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noshen26
Neophyte
Member # 48683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for noshen26     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for your response. I took a clear blue first thing in the morning. The result was negative. But I am feeling very bloated and have terrible heartburn, and still no period even after 3 days. I am very confused what I should do in this situation.
Posts: 3 | From: abc | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexalex
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 100767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Symptoms like bloating, etc can indicate PMS just as easily as pregnancy, so they're not very good indicators (it can also mean you just have indigestion, heh.) Give it a few more days and test again if it doesn't show up :-)
Posts: 30 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This link may also be of help on that issue: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.