Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » vaginal itching/burning

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vaginal itching/burning
wanderlusting
Neophyte
Member # 96408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderlusting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been with my partner monogamously for 2 and a half years. On Friday we had repeated intercourse, about 4 times in the course of the night, without a condom. We've both been tested for STDs. Yesterday, I noticed that my vagina was very tender, and I was unable to have sex- the friction of my partner's penis caused an almost burning sensation, not to mention I was tense in expectation of the pain. When urinating, for a couple of hours after intercourse, there was some burning, but that has subsided. I just came out of a long, 5 hour car ride, and could feel the sort of burning sensation around my labia while sitting- we did attempt to have intercourse again this morning, multiple times, but I was too tense and the sensitivity of my vagina was rather unpleasant. I'm wondering if this is cause for concern at all from an infection standpoint, as it did manifest only a day after intercourse, or if this is just sensitivity that I can expect to go away. Thank you for your help!
Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi wanderlusting,

This sounds like sensitivity from the repeated intercourse. Vulvar tissues are pretty sensitive, and that degree of friction in a short period of time, particularly if lubricant was not used, would make most people experience sensitivity and itching. You can liken it to a workout; if we've worked out really hard, we're not going to feel like doing any exercise, and sometimes, even every day things might be too uncomfortable for a couple of days.

So, I'd suggest just keeping an eye on it. If you're stilll experiencing burning after urination after a day or two, or if the sensitivity doesn't start diminishing, I'd suggest seeking healthcare just to make sure everything is okay.

I'd also suggest staying away from genital sexual activity until you're not sore or itchy anymore.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie R
Volunteer-in-training
Member # 102566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll say this first: if this persists, I would recommend talking to your doctor, as I can't say for certain where your discomfort is deriving from.

Were you well lubricated the night you had repeated intercourse? If not, that might substantiate the claim that it's sensitivity. Has something similar happened to you before?

--------------------
AAR

Posts: 109 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wanderlusting
Neophyte
Member # 96408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wanderlusting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We didn't use any lubricant, no, besides saliva. I've definitely been sensitive in the past- I've experienced the burning after urination post intercourse before- but never to this degree. Then again, I've never had repeated intercourse to this degree either. This morning seems quite good, just a little itching, no burning. Thank you guys!
Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're most welcome.

For future reference, lubricant will most likely reduce the irritation factor.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.