Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Thick white mucus during sex (Somewhat TMI)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thick white mucus during sex (Somewhat TMI)
ParanoidConfused
Activist
Member # 102977

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ParanoidConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So as the title says, during intercourse with my gf, I noticed this abundant white mucus that stuck to everything and dried into flaky powder, very unlike my ejaculate.

I first noticed this when I went in without a condom (Bad decision if I want to stay baby free I know). I hadn't ejaculated till later when I had a condom on and my gf assures me the mucus had come from her.

Is it just Cervical mucus from pre/post-ovulation? Or should I worry that it's ejaculate?

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI ParanoidConfused,

What you're describing does sound like cervical mucus. Cervical mucus doesn't just appear around ovulation time. The type of mucus you're describing sounds like what a lot of people experience shortly before their period.
Does this help?

And yes, if you want to be sure that the risk of your girlfriend getting pregnant is as low as possible, you'll want to use condoms for all genital contact.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ParanoidConfused
Activist
Member # 102977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParanoidConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I realize mucus is present at all points during the cycle and its consistency, color and presence all differ during different points in the cycle.

Thank you very much for the advice and reassurance. I'll be sure to use condoms more effectively now.

Posts: 42 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem. let us know if you need any more help with anything. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ParanoidConfused
Activist
Member # 102977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ParanoidConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since it's semi related I just want to ask this. Today my gf had an increase in mucus discharge and her period is due sometime next week or the week after. The mucus was enough to wet her underwear. She says it's normal for her before her periods but I'm just asking to make sure.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If she says it's normal for her, I'd trust that - she's the one who knows her body best. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ParanoidConfused
Activist
Member # 102977

Alright, thank you very much. I tend to get overly paranoid about every little thing.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome. If you think it would help, we have an excellent article about this very subject right here: Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.