Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is this a pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this a pregnancy risk?
yellowtomatoes
Neophyte
Member # 96480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowtomatoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were playing on the bed. He pulled down my panties and He fingered me first but I'm not sure if he had touched his precum. (but his pants were on before I removed them) After that, while he was fingering me, I unzipped his pants and pulled down his boxer. I'm sure he did not touch his penis during this time. I was giving him a Handjob while he fingered me. This happened one day after my period ended and my period is a 29-31 day cycle. Assuming that if he had precum on his finger when he fingered me, how possible is it for me to get pregnant? and assuming our genitals did touched which I do not think it did, but if it did what are the chances of me getting pregnant? thank you for your time. Oh and I have read "pregnancy scared" prior to typing this. However it stated there that manual sex will not result in pregnancy. But I don't know if it includes fingering with precum. Thanks again. May God bless you.

--------------------
thanks for helping(:

Posts: 18 | From: Singapore | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Manual sex" means any kind of sex where hands are touching someone else's genitals.

So, when something says there isn't a risk of X with that kind of sex, it really does mean just that, and will tend to take into account things like the fact that all too many people don't wash their hands before touching someone else's genitals (which isn't really an issue per pregnancy, but boy howdy, can it be one with infections, including UTIs).

So, when you read that piece, and it said manual sex doesn't pose a real risk of pregnancy? It totally included situations like you're asking about here. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellowtomatoes
Neophyte
Member # 96480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowtomatoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so you mean there is no risk? What if his hands have precum and then he fingered me? and also, what if our genitals touched by accident? thank you for your quick response.

--------------------
thanks for helping(:

Posts: 18 | From: Singapore | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Heather said, when we're talking about manual sex not posing a risk of pregnancy, we're talking about manual sex in all situations, including ones where one partner may have some pre-ejaculate on their fingers.

If his penis came in contact with your vulva, then that would pose a risk, but I'm not hearing that that's what happened here.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellowtomatoes
Neophyte
Member # 96480

Sorry for bothering, however, is the risk high or low in that sense? And a last question alright? if my period is 29-31days, is it possible to ovulate on the 8 or 9th day?

--------------------
thanks for helping(:

yellowtomatoes
Neophyte
Member # 96480

Sorry for bothering, however, is the risk high or low in that sense? And a last question alright? if my period is 29-31days, is it possible to ovulate on the 8 or 9th day?

--------------------
thanks for helping(:

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not possible to know when someone ovulates. The only way to know when you ovulate is to keep track of your cervical mucus and basal body temperature every day for several months. Doing that, a person comes to understand their cycles and have a clearer sense of when different phases of their cycle occur.

Here's some more information on that.

Get With the Flow: All About FAM

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellowtomatoes
Neophyte
Member # 96480

Thank you very much. However, may I ask you since genitaL contact poses a risk, is the risk really high? I ovulate about 2weeks after my period. And it happened the day after my period ended. Once again thank you for The help you guys have given me. Deeply appreciated. And Sorry for breaking the agreement. , I was really paranoid . I have learnt that i wont be doing these without protection already.
Thank you (:

--------------------
thanks for helping(:

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The risk varies with genital contact - if your partner ejaculated then the risk would be much higher than if there had been no ejaculation. However, I'm not hearing that there was any direct genital contact, so there would be no risk to worry about in the first place.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.