Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Condom used, ejaculate around shaft area, not tip

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom used, ejaculate around shaft area, not tip
snowycherryblossom
Neophyte
Member # 102530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowycherryblossom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I had protected sex with my boyfriend. We use condoms every time for all vaginal and penis contact. We pinched the tip of the condom when putting it on and used lube that doesn't hurt the condoms efficiency. I was on top of him during the whole thing and we always hold the base of the condom, after he cums, when he is pulling out. However, this time I was on top of him a bit after he climaxed with motion going up and down (it was way less than a minute). When he pulled out, while holding the base, I noticed that the cum wasn't in the tip of the condom but more around the shaft. Also, I was really wet (he fingered me before and his hand was covered in white cum), and at the end of the event there was white around his penis. I was wondering if I should be worried. He said the condom did not slip or slide, we know it didn't break, and when he pulled out he was still hard and the condom rim fit tight and snug.

So should I have any need for concern? And is it okay for the fluid to move around inside the condom, especially if I was on top and still moved after he climaxed (in a sense did I push the fluid down?)? Also, was the white cum I saw on him my own vaginal fluid?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see any cause for corcern. That's okay so long as the condom is still on, sand sometimes it might look like that just because of lubricant, too, or your own discharges.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowycherryblossom
Neophyte
Member # 102530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snowycherryblossom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much. I have an exam soon and this would be on my mind. So just clarifying (I had no sexual education in school they did not offer it so I use this site a lot to learn), it is okay if the semen is not necessarily at the tip of the condom as long as the condom is still on? What if the fluid was near the base?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't matter. If the condom was on the whole time and stayed on the whole time we can know it's fine, especially since if it was too big, and thus, roomy enough around the base for fluids to get out, it wouldn't have stayed on your partner's penis during sex. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowycherryblossom
Neophyte
Member # 102530

Thank you. I may ask more questions involving using condoms because as I said, I didn't get any sex education so I'm very naive in this area. Thank you so much! You are so helpful, everyone on this site is. Thank you so much.
Heather
Member # 3

And we'll be happy to answer them! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

snowycherryblossom
Neophyte
Member # 102530

Hey, so it's been awhile since I asked the question above. My period should be coming soon, I think (I don't remember when last months came). But still it is a no show; however, I've been getting signs of it, like mini cramps, mood swings, tender breasts, and tiredness. So could it just be coincidence that it might be late?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI snowycherryblossom,

Since you don't regularly keep track of when your periods arrive, it's possible (and we just wouldn't know either way) that this one isn't late, or that you don't get your period after the same number of days each month.

I'm not sure what you're asking regarding this being a coincidence? Can you help me understand what you mean?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowycherryblossom
Neophyte
Member # 102530

A coincidence that it is late and that (the question above) I wasn't sure if I should have been concerned with what happened above.
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I understand what you're asking now.

Does what Heather explained above about how the condom did do what it was supposed to make sense? If you'd like more condom information, take a look at th
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

If you want absolute asurance, you certainly can go ahead and take a pregnancy test. That is really the only way to determine for sure that one isn't pregnant if one hasn't already gotten one's period. I take it you haven't had a period between the time of the sexual activity you're talking about and now?

It also sounds though like you're not at all even sure if this period is late at this point. Can you remember anything about when you got it last? I sometimes find it helps me, when I forget to write down the date, to try to remember what was happening at the time I had my last period--for example, it's more memorable if, say, I got it right before I was going out to see a concert.

Since your body is giving you all the signs it normally gives you that a period is on its way, it doesn't sound like you have much to worry about here. [Smile]

is:

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.