Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can Sperm Survive with Hand Sanitizer and Astringent

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Sperm Survive with Hand Sanitizer and Astringent
Rey sumit
Neophyte
Member # 103040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rey sumit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fingered my Gf and she Handjob me
I wash my hands ang put Green Cross Sanitzing Gel
99.9% germ kill and Clindamycin Astrigent on my hands can sperm survive in my hands?? can Im scared
Her period was Jan. 25-30..and It happend Feb 5 ??
help me please

Posts: 8 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Rey sumit and welcome to Scarleteen,

Just to clarify, sperm aren't germs. [Smile] Handwashing of any kind is a good idea before touching a partner's genitals, but that's more because dirty hands can spread dirt and bacteria and lead to infections.

Take a look at this article to understand what does and doesn't pose a pregnancy risk:

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

Here's some more info on hand-washing:
The Simple And Underrated Art Of Washing Your Hands

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rey sumit
Neophyte
Member # 103040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rey sumit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank Robin Lee
Can I get pregnant if my partner ejaculates in his pants/in the bathtub/in Afghanistan (and so forth)?

Overall, the MOST likely way to become pregnant is by direct vulval or vaginal contact with sperm. Sperm can live up to about 20 minutes in an environment that is unfriendly to them (in other words, outside the testicles, vagina or in lab conditions), but they are very delicate creatures in the great outdoors. So while, for instance, having unprotected anal sex where sperm can run right down into the vagina does create a possible risk of pregnancy, it isn't as likely a risk as it is with vaginal intercourse. If there is a distinct barrier between the vagina and the penis in question, such as thick or nonpermeable clothing (like a few layers of denim or polyester or PVC), water or an interstate highway, there is not a likely risk of pregnancy.

In addition, you cannot get pregnant by swallowing semen, by oral sex, or by manual (with hands, or "fingering") sex. You CAN, however, catch or transmit STIs that way.

Im Safe now no more risk??? please say it please
God bless you Robin

Posts: 8 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rey sumit
Neophyte
Member # 103040

please help me
Can anybody tell me I should not be worried???
please help me guys Im freakingout please

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on the paragraph you quoted, do you think you have risk? [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rey sumit
Neophyte
Member # 103040

I think I'm not at risk
By the way can I ask one more question?
what is the percentage of risk??
what should I do ???

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you don't engage in the kinds of sex that present a real risk of pregnancy -- intercourse or other DIRECT genital-to-genital or direct semen-to-vulva contact -- there's isn't a risk, so there isn't a percentage per a risk to give you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68209 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rey sumit
Neophyte
Member # 103040

Thank God for your answers guys
Thank you so much
More power to all members
God bless us all

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you could thank us for them, since God didn't give them, we did. [Razz]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68209 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rey sumit
Neophyte
Member # 103040

I mean thank God your here to answer all my questions and thank you for you also and all staff members..thank you I really appreciate your help guys..

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.