Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » A success story + a few other questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A success story + a few other questions
Neophyte
Member # 100948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 708     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Scarleteen [Smile]

From my previous thread you'll know that I was havin g difficulty with having vaginal sex. Happy to say that thanks to the advice on here I learned to relax and not rush into it, thinking it was something I needed to do there and then. I'm able to have sex comfortably now and I just wanted to thank Heather and Robin and of course all contributors to the sight for being such a helpful resource.

Since starting to engage in intercourse I went and had the implant (nexplanon) fitted on the 30th of January with no problems. very minimal bruising and the soreness was gone mostly within about 3 days. (Just so you know, we've been backing up with condoms too.)

However, today I've noticed my implant area, directly over where it is situated, is very very itchy. The skin has gotten a little red and warm from be scratching and one thing I've noticed is the positioning of the implant is slightly off-keter. Not hugely, just it doesn't run along parallel to the bone of my arm and sits slightly like an (/)but at a less severe angle. Hope that makes sense. Mine was inserted on the back of my arm, above my elbow.

Are these things any reason to worry?

I am just concerned that it is actually working or not. I can feel the implant easily and I'm not sure if the / positioning of it in my arm is due to it moving slightly, or it was always positioned like that. Will this affect my protection?

Thanks as always!

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi 708,

Yay. I'm so glad to hear intercourse is more comfortable and enjoyable for you now. Thanks for letting us know that you found approaches that worked for you.

In terms of the implant, if you have any concerns about its positioning, consulting with the healthcare provider who put it in is really your best bet. The itching is most likely from the area continuing to heal, though if it keeps up at the same level of discomfort for more than a day or two you'll want to check in with your provider just to make sure things are okay. I'm not hearing anything alarming here, though. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 100948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 708     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Robin,

It's absolutely no problem. Think you guys deserve a bit of feedback for all the hard work you do [Smile]

I'm not really worried about the positioning itself, only if this could affect the effectiveness of the implant itself. I've had no other side affects with it thus far, which is great. The itching has literally only started within the last day.

I will give my doctor a ring. She was a qualified fitter for nexplanon, so I think the chances of anything not working correctly are probably quite low.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.