Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Tips on how to NOT be horny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tips on how to NOT be horny
Wire
Neophyte
Member # 103262

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Wire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, thank you so much for your quick reply on my other question, and thank you so much for your advice. Sorry to ask again so soon, but as I mentioned in my other post, I can't really masturbate, as it is uncomfortable and will probably only make things worse. But I am also a very horny 17 year old. It is getting to the point where it is only adding strain to my everyday life, causing me stress, frustration, and irritability. I am sorry to sound overdramatic, but I literally feel like I am being driven insane. Any tips on how to deal with this, without having to reach orgasm? Because in my current condition, that is not an option.
Posts: 4 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's really nothing a person can to to control their *feelings.* And feelings of sexual desire and just like feelings of happiness or anger: they're things that simply happen, not really things we can make happen or keep from happening.

But like other kinds of feelings, we can choose to hold on tight to them or just let them float in and out. We can also do things with them to express them or kind of give them a place/way to feel expressed.

Obviously engaging in sex of some kind, alone or with a partner is one way to do that. But often, just doing things where we're actively in our bodies, or exploring pleasure more generally can be ways to kind of let those feelings out, too, or let them come and pass away more easily.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wire
Neophyte
Member # 103262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you again for replying so quickly, but I am not sure you understood what I meant...? XD I never thanked you properly, but I was the one that asked you about clitoral damage. I have scheduled a doctors appointment soon, and I would totally love to do what you are suggesting, but I can't. I actually would have asked you about this on that other topic, but didn't know I could reply to you until now XD I am not that good with computers, so it took me a while to figure out. But thanks again for your time [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you don't think I understood, perhaps you can try wording your question differently?

(And you're welcome!)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wire
Neophyte
Member # 103262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs* maybe you do understand what I mean, but I am just being too pigheaded to see it. I will think more about what you said before trying to re-word my question [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.