Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Dry humping question?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dry humping question?
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HarryPotterFan7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other day me and my girlfriend had dry sex. She was on top of me. We both had underwear and jeans on. I ejaculated and the top of my jeans were a little wet.

Is there any risk of pregnancy?

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, HarryPotterFan: we ask users with pregnancy risks, coming to the boards about them, to please go through this thread, and the links within it, first: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027495.html

Can you do that for me, especially since the answer to a question like this is right in there?

Thanks! I'm happy to answer any additional questions you may have after reading those.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HarryPotterFan7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! And yes I've read that before. I just would appreciate an answer from someone.

I don't think that sperm can travel from me, through my underwear, my pants, her pants, her underwear and then get her pregnant. But my jeans were a little wet. This is what I'm scared about.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In reading that, then, did you see the many things that made clear that when people are dressed, they do not have any risks of pregnancy?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Right! I did see that! I just wanted to make sure.

It's just reassuring to hear from someone than a page that has been created like that.

So I have nothing to worry about and it's perfectly safe?

Heather
Member # 3

Well, I *am* the someone who created all of those pages. They didn't create themselves, after all. [Smile]

You know from reading those, right, that a pregnancy cannot happen this way? If so, then you know there was no risk of pregnancy.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Haha well thank you very much! It's just good to hear it again
Heather
Member # 3

Do you need any help figuring out from here what you do and don't need to protect yourself with, and when, or help figuring out what kids of sex you do and don't feel okay about engaging in?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Sure! I know that I don't want to do that again just because of how worried I have gotten. And does it make a difference that her period is only a day or 2 away?
Heather
Member # 3

Where someone is at in their menstrual cycle per pregnancy risks will never make a difference when there hasn't been a risk in the first place. That's kind of like asking if someone is likely to get food poisoning from bad mayo they didn't eat, you know?

Sounds like you know this was too soon for what you feel ready for: it's great to have that self-awareness. Do you feel able to put the brakes on this, then, or do you need help having that conversation with your partner?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Thank you! That's reassuring! And we can talk to each other about anything, especially this stuff if we do or do not feel comfortable about it. Communication is key!

But the ejaculate on my jeans in no way could reach her to get her pregnant correct? And why is this?

Heather
Member # 3

In that thread, this link is included to explain how pregnancy happens: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

It explains, amongst other things, how sperm cells can't magically get through fabric. Perhaps you should read it again?

(Seriously, we need to set limits with answering things we have already spent months or years creating answers for, and we really need users to respect those limits, rather than trying to push us into ditching them. It's a respect thing, okay?)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

I totally understand. Thank you for all your help!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.