Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can sperm travel through clothes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can sperm travel through clothes?
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HarryPotterFan7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other day, my girlfriend and I were dry humping.

We both had on underwear and jeans.

She was on top of me and I ejeaculated. I noticed that the top of my jeans were a little damp.

Could the sperm travel to her and get her pregnant??

I am very worried about this! Please help

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi HarryPotterFan7,

Can you please take a look at the information in this post?

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

Once you've read that, if you still have questions, come on back.

Thanks.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HarryPotterFan7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, I have already look at these.

I have a question about this:

"Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where someone (or everyone) had clothes on and/or no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present pregnancy risks, though some present risks of STIs."

So both of us had on jeans and underwear, but I did ejaculate. And she was on top of me when I did both with these clothes on. Could the sperm travel through and end up at her vagina causing her to become pregnant?

Posts: 15 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If someone has clothes on, it doesn't matter whether there was ejaculation or not.

What that paragraph is saying is that dry sex is either when one or both people have clothing on or when the sexual contact doesn't bring a person's penis or ejaculate near someone else's bare vulva.

So, you had clothes on, so you meet the definition of dry sex/dry humping/whatever you choose to call it.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Thank you for expanding on that!

So that means there is no risk of pregnancy correct?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell you what: why don't you answer that question for us? [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

There is no pregnancy risk! Am I correct?
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know you know you are! [Smile] There you go.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Thank you! I've just been worrying myself so much about this.

This will sound very odd but what I'm thinking is that the sperm could go right through the little weaves of the underwear and jeans and get her pregnant.

That sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

Heather
Member # 3

Well, it does, especially when you understand that sperm cells can't go anywhere on their own. As well, when you understand that sperm cells are truly delicate, as is pretty clear by the elaborate systems of the testes the body employs to try and keep them safe.

Sometimes, too, it seems to me that people who think of pregnancy as being only or mostly about sperm worry more like this than people who understand that semen and sperm cells are only two of MANY different players and factors in a pregnancy. When people think it's mostly about them -- and it so totally isn't even close -- it can be easier to get funky ideas about conception like this.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

That makes a lot of sense!

So even though the semen went through to my jeans the sperm did not? Is this correct?

Heather
Member # 3

It's STILL about so, so much more than that, as the pieces on the site about pregnancy explain.

But that, what you said, also has nothing to do with anything: because for a pregnancy to even have a chance at happening, viable sperm cells, WITH the semen they're ejaculated with, need to be "deposited" directly on or very near a person's vulva. And that can't happen when people are dressed.

Just like, if this helps, you couldn't make a basket when playing basketball if there was a wall from floor to ceiling blocking the net.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Ahhh that makes sense! I like the basketball example, that is a good way of putting it!

The sperm along with the semen ALONG WITH all the other factors have to be there. And that couldn't possibly have happened from the situation I explained.

So I have nothing to worry about correct?

Heather
Member # 3

Glad we finally found something that landed for you about this. Yay!

And I know you know what I've got to say about you asking that again, okay? You have the info. I've helped you connect the dots. We've verified both already more than once. You gotta take it from here and will either trust what you have learned or not.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

HarryPotterFan7
Neophyte
Member # 103742

Alright I understand. Thank you very much for all your help!
Heather
Member # 3

Glad to help out. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.