Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » withdrawl bleeding or periods?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: withdrawl bleeding or periods?
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I am sorry if this question sounds repetitive. But I just wanted to ensure this. I had an intercourse on 20th december and took an i-pill within 24 hours. On the 7th day there was a bleeding and it continued for 3-4 days. So, my question is will this be considered as periods?

Also, today condom broke, but there was no ejaculation. And also today only I have started regestrone ( for 5 days, two tablets each day) for getting periods, so will it help and reduce the chances of pregnancy?

I am pretty scared :-(

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI oliveoil123,

One of the side effects of taking an emergency contraceptive like the I-pill is variation in when a person bleeds. It doesn't happen for everyone, but many people find that for a couple of months after taking the pill their periods come earlier, or later, than usual, and sometimes seem different (for example, last longer or don't last as long as usual).

Did the Regestone come with a paper with information about it? If so, does it tell you if it is a contraceptive?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oliveoil123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so if the bleeding happened after taking an ipill, does that mean there is no pregnancy scare?

And regestrone was suggested by a gynaec for getting periods, if late and it is mildly contracetive in nature

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you able to access pregnancy tests? That's really the only definitive way to know if one is pregnant or not.

A bleed such as you describe is generally a very good sign that one is not pregnant, yes.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oliveoil123
Neophyte
Member # 72571

Thank you so much :-). But generally speaking what are the chances of one getting pregnant from condom break but when there is no ejaculation. could u please tell? also there might be a little pre cum.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

What you're describing is the withdrawal method. You can read more about it here, including it's rate of effectiveness.

Withdrawal

So, you used two methods of birth control: withdrawal and emergency contraception.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.