Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Precum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum
Dianitaa
Neophyte
Member # 101742

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Dianitaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I read the article and I have a question. It isn't a risk to touch a towel that had semon on it but my situation was different. My boyfriend and I had dry sex (both had jeans, he had basketball shorts under & briefs, I had underwear under) the precum didn't pass through his jeans but it did.through the shorts (which he was wearing under), I don't think I touched the precum (still wet not dry). But soon after seeing he had precum on his shorts I went to the restroom to see if I was wet from it. I forgot to wash my hands before unzipping myself & check so I touched my underwear's outside & inside of it. My question is, if I did touch the precum & no more then a minute went to the restroom & touched my underwear but no where near my part, is that a risk? If it is I would like to know so I can take Plan B

--------------------
Dianitaa

Posts: 6 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dianitaa. Was this the article you read?
Pregnancy Scared?

If so, it does mention the situation you're describing, in that first list of bullet points:

quote:
Were you only kissing, having oral sex, manual sex and/or dry sex, where someone (or everyone) had clothes on and/or no one ejaculated on or very near anyone else's vulva? These kinds of sex do NOT present pregnancy risks, though some present risks of STIs.
Does that help clarify?

If you want more information on what situations pose pregnancy risks or not, if you haven't already read this article, I really suggest it:
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

It may seem like a pretty basic thing, but it really makes clear why certain situations are or are not pregnancy risks, by laying out exactly what needs to happen for a pregnancy to occur [Smile]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dianitaa
Neophyte
Member # 101742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dianitaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I read the pregaancy scare? Article as well as the where did I come from?. But I just have one question, so it says that if someone ejaculated or precum no where near or on the vulva there's no pregnancy scared. But I just want to make sure that even if I did touch the precum and then touched the inside of my underwear but not my vulva, there's no risk what do ever?

--------------------
Dianitaa

Posts: 6 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dianitaa. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to re-read both of those articles, as well as the other info in the first link I gave you, because that IS covered by our information there. We are very short-staffed right now and have set limits around answering pregnancy risk assessment questions so we really need users to read all the information we provide thoroughly first to try to answer their questions for themselves.

If you're having trouble figuring out which bits of those articles apply to you, what we CAN do is you can copy and paste the bits you THINK might be relevant to you, and we can confirm/correct you on any misunderstandings with that. Would that help?

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dianitaa
Neophyte
Member # 101742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dianitaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I re read the articles and I found this " If there is a distinct barrier between the vagina and the penis in question, such as thick or nonpermeable clothing (like a few layers of denim or polyester or PVC), water or an interstate highway, there is not a likely risk of pregnancy." I understand but I just wanna know if I touched precum/pre ejaculation from my bf's basketball shorts when it was still wet & right after touched the inside of my underwear to check if it was wet and zipped back up, there's no risk? That's all I want to know :/
I don't think I touched the precum/pre ejaculation, I just want be sure that's all

--------------------
Dianitaa

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

I understand what you're asking about, per touching his precum, but I meant THAT information is also included in those articles.

From "Where DID I come from":

quote:
Semen isn't irrelevant: it's needed both to balance out the acidic nature of the vaginal environment to keep sperm viable, and is also needed to help sperm move to the cervix.
There would need to be a significant amount of semen on one's hands for there to be enough to help sperm move to the cervix.

Also, from Pregnancy Scared:
quote:
SO IF:

• You DID have direct genital-to-genital sex with someone, or were sexually assaulted with direct genital-to-genital contact, and the other person's genitals WERE very different than yours. Vaginal intercourse, where a penis is inside a vagina, is the kind of sex that MOST commonly results in a pregnancy. If a person with a penis ejaculated (came) into a vagina or directly onto a vulva, this is a high pregnancy risk; if they did not, it is much less likely.
  • There was not direct genital-to-genital sex or contact, but someone with a penis DID ejaculate inside a vagina or directly on or very near a vulva (like on or around the anus).
  • Reliable methods of birth control were NOT used at all, or were not used properly in either or both of the above situations.

If any or all of those things describe the situation you're worried about, there probably WAS a real risk of pregnancy.

Do you understand why touching precum on shorts and then touching yourself doesn't fit those requirements?

You can also always clarify your situation by using the Planned Parenthood tool designed to assess pregnancy risks:
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/all-access/am-i-pregnant-34501.htm

[ 01-15-2013, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Onionpie ]

Dianitaa
Neophyte
Member # 101742

Ok thank you! I'm sorry for asking the same question, I'm just stressed about the situation but thank you once again for clarifying things & giving me some peace. Thank you ! It helped a lot

--------------------
Dianitaa

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

No problem, glad everything got clarified in the end [Smile] Hopefully this information will help you assess whether you've had a risk with any situation in the future!
Dianitaa
Neophyte
Member # 101742

So my period should come, I have been getting a lot of cramps, which is a relief to me. But just in case for future situations, i have one question. So dry sex is not a pregnancy risk, even if you touch the precum/pre ejaculation from the persons jeans while it's still wet and accidently you touch yourself with the same hand? (with clothes on like underwear, leggins, tights, jeans, etc.)

--------------------
Dianitaa

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From reading this thread, I see that you've asked this question before.

Can you fill me in on what the information you've read hasn't provided for you?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.