Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnanncy symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnanncy symptoms?
Woody811
Neophyte
Member # 101425

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Woody811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my girlfriend got her period five days early,( I've noticed she got her period on the 15th the past two months, but this time on the 10th, she does not keep track of it but can feel when it's coming.) but without me ever asking her if it was normal, she said it was. It was very heavy for the first three days, (I noticed her constantly going to the bathroom to switch tampons) and then it started to decrease thoughout the days. She said it was normal. however, one day while we were watching television (the day after her period), she went to pee three times within a 25 minute time period. She said she had no idea what was going on, but it may have been because of the tall glass of coke she drank shortly before. She also said she thinks she's going through a weight spurt, because she's been really hungry lately, and I noticed her belly got slightly bigger, but it normally does around her period. Any thoughts?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure what you're asking for here. It's not unusual for periods to be heavy then taper off. The rate of flow for a period isn't always going to be the same.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woody811
Neophyte
Member # 101425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woody811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just wondering if girls ever go through weight "spurts" when their hungry more than often. I understand she got a normal period, but now I notice all these symptoms of pregnancy. I know it's unlikely, but the night she was urinating frequently and telling me how she was hungry all the time kinda freaked me out. If not pregnancy, (which I know logically it isn't) then what?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's helpful to remember that things that are considered "pregnancy symptoms" can mostly often be "symptoms" of other things, including natural fluctuations of the body.

Yes, people can go through periods of time when they're hungry more frequently and their body changes. This is particularly true for folks in their teens.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Woody811
Neophyte
Member # 101425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Woody811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks for the reassuring.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No problem. [Smile]

Do you find you're generally worried about pregnancy, or just in this instance.

--------------------
Robin

Woody811
Neophyte
Member # 101425

Well, I was, I worried a lot for a few months, until I realized I needed to stop getting so uptight and think realistically. My girl and I have never had sex, or made any bare genital contact, and I always wipe of my fingers thoroughly before touching her down there. I am a worrier but I think it's because of my hormones,( being 16) for the couple of months I was worried about pregnancy, it was terrible. Now things have changed, I'm wiser, and I don't worry as much. Scarleteen has really helped providing accurate information as well. [Smile]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yay...really glad to hear you're not worrying anymore! [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.