Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » This is so weird...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is so weird...
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrestomomentum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So i took plan b on the last few days of my period. (Basically pretty early in my cycle). The sexual activity that i did had no risk for pregnancy, but yeah i took plan b anyway just to be sure. Anyway, today is only the 12th day of my cycle, and i wiped and saw mucousy blood, kind of like spotting before a period but heavier.

Should i take into accound that i was fingered yesterday? Should this cause the bleeding or not?

Is this a normal side effect of the morning after pill? And when should i expect my next period? :/

--------------------
Wiz the Wizard! with a possible mental problem

Posts: 52 | From: Philippines | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi arrestomomentum,

As we've discussed before, spotting is a known side effect of Plan B. As you said, though, fingering can also sometimes cause bleeding. Vulvar and vaginal tissues are, in many ways, like the rest of the body; they can get irritated, bleed a little, feel uncomfortable, etc, and that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong. Likewise, spotting when there's a likely explanation (Plan B) is also not cause for concern.

There is no way to predict when someone will get their next period, Plan B or no Plan B. Bodies just aren't that predictable. [Smile]

How are things going with the counselling you were going to get for your anxiety?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrestomomentum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh it definitely helps. Ive manage to control my anxiety but i have to keep showing up regularly to make sure it goes away [Smile]

I got my period two weeks early :/ is it because of the plan b? I really wasnt expecting a period till early next month :l

--------------------

Posts: 52 | From: Philippines | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've already discussed Plan B and the possible effects it can have on one's cycle, so I'm not really sure what you're asking for here. [Smile]

Glad to hear the counselling has been going well. Showing up to appointments is certainly a big part of treatment, as is doing the work between the appointments that will ultimatmely help you. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Is there any way i can speed up the "normalizing" of my weird cycles? Haha it's affecting my other body organs

"Kookiness in your cycle" meaning really weird stuff like getting your periods at crazy times like i am right now?

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Short of starting daily birth control pills (which I think you've said isn't an option for you?), there's really no way to regulate one's cycle. Of course, for general body health (which includes the menstrual process), engaging in moderate exercise, getting plenty of sleep, eating fresh food, and so on, are always going to be beneficial.

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.