Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy through underwear

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy through underwear
Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boxerkid1611     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If a guy and a girl are dry humping with just underwear on both, cotton boxers, and cotton panties. The male produces precum which comes through his boxers as a wet spot. Is there risk of pregnancy, I know the answer is no, but the outside of the underwear is wet, so shouldn't there be sperm where there is wet?

--------------------
UIP

Posts: 28 | From: PA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Boxerkid1611,

Can you take a look through this link? If you stil have questions after reading through it, come on back. Thanks.

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boxerkid1611     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin,
I have read that material thoroughly. I know it says that sperm or pre-ejaculate in this case cannot get through the fabric it gets absorbed. But if it gets absorbed in the fabric and the other side of the fabric is wet, wouldn't sperm still be pregnant on the wet side?

--------------------
UIP

Posts: 28 | From: PA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

anything?

--------------------
UIP

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.

Sperm need a very specific environment in which to stay alive and move. This environment is semen. If that environment is interrupted, sperm cannot live, and more importantly cannot move.

This article explains pretty clearly exactly what is needed in order for pregnancy to even be a possibility.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

Robin,
I think we are missing each other here some how. What I'm saying is if the sperm in pre ejaculate is absorbed by the cotton, what is the wet stuff on the outside of the underwear? Does that contain the stuff to make pregnancy?

--------------------
UIP

Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

any new information?

--------------------
UIP

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Robin said above, sperm needs a specific environment to survive. Even if semen gets on the fabric of your underwear and the wetness soaks through, that underwear is not an environment in which sperm can survive and create a pregnancy. This article and chart should clear up the issue. Note the mention that direct genital contact is needed for a pregnancy risk.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.