Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » A little help goes a long way

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little help goes a long way
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damnparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this friend of mine who is much younger than me is asking for some advice or something. he said that his girlfriend and him did some dry humping. she was in her undies and he was in his boxers and undies. he asked two questions. first if the girl will be pregnant because he rubbed his thing against hers while still wearing the said clothes. i told him that she won't. i posted it here to ask you if i was right. the second question is he said that he touched his thing and he knew that it has precum. then he used the hand to touch her girl's undies (the side of the panties that touches the vulva) he was afraid the this might get her pregnant. in this question i don't know what to say. can you guys help me with this? thanks for the answers i really hope someone answers this . it's kinda hard for me to see my friend get really anxious. so basically. the over all question is . is precum powerful enough to get someone pregnant? there is his question
Posts: 66 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pre-ejaculate itself doesn't contain sperm, but can sometimes pick up sperm cells that are hanging out in the urethra from a recent ejaculation. The chances of getting someone pregnant with a little pre-ejaculate are tiny--like, say, finding thousands of dollars just lying on the sidewalk.

How about you share this article with your friend?

Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damnparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's what i told him too. i told him that there may be sperm in the precum. it will be only present if he did not urinate after ejaculation am i right? so the questions above has no risk of pregnancy . am i right?
Posts: 66 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

So this friend of mine, again , did it with her girlfriend. They did not have the sexual intercourse though, they only did dry sex. he said that the girl was wearing only t-back kind of underwear with very thin clothing. while he was wearing his undies and his boxers. He rubbed his thing against her's again. Pretty much like last time. but he said he was more anxoius this time because her girl was wearing very thin undies. i told him that pre cum will never be strong enough especially when he urinated after his last ejaculation. i also told him to stop doing it if he gets anxious after that. so this is the last one i'll pose for him. i just want to know if i was right in my other topic that eJACULATION ON THE VAGINA OR NEAR THE VULVA ARE THE ONLY THING THAT POSES A PREGNANCY RISK'" so that's the main question. thank you for your answers. ill make sure he understands it.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnparanoia,

How about you share this article with your friend, so he can understand how pregnancy can and cannot occur.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Hello Robin Lee. It's been while. Again. This friend of mine. He does not want to mention his name. I showed him the articles that you want me to show him. So he stopped. For a while. But then yesterday I found out that he did it again with his girlfriend. And this time he did not know if he ejaculated in his clothes or not. So here is the story summary. They were having dry sex again and then things got to uhmm how to put it, too good for him. So he said he may have ejaculated a little bit on his shorts or boxers. He felt it but stopped it, that is what he said. the ejaculation occurred when the part of his boxers is really touching the underwear of his partner. So this his question for me. I couldn't answer it so I thought I could ask you guys. Is it possible for pregnancy to occur when an ejaculation is present in his boxers and it touched her partners private parts? He said he was wearing his underwear underneath his boxers and she was wearing only her underwear. A thin one. So could you help me answer him? And also is it possible if he touched the wet ejaculated part of his boxers and proceeded in touching his partner's genitals. thank you for answering. He is really kinda anxious now. He said he felt like he was about to ejaculate so he stopped doing it to stop ejaculating. But when he looked at his underwear there was a wet part. Could you help him?
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Oh and he was very thankful for the articles you gave him by the way.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like it's time for your friend to make his own account here, okay?

He can do that just like you did, and then we can talk with him directly.

That said, the first place we'll direct people with a question like that at the boards is here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

That's because the answer to questions like that are in that piece and also in the links within it. So, maybe he could have a look at that, then register if he's still not clear and we can work that through with him. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68130 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Uhm. Thank you for the reply Heather. I already showed him the articles. And the other links that was mentioned in your reply. But he is still asking me about that. I think what he wants is a direct answer. He is asking if you could answer it now using my account since he said that this will be the last time. but if you prefer not to i think i'll just persuade him to make an account. Thank you for you consideration. He really is hoping you would answer him directly.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

If your friend makes an account, it will allow us to have a conversation with him. He may well find that he has more questions, either now or some time in the future, so it will be easier for us to help him rather than always going through you. Okay?

--------------------
Robin

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Hi there. I thought about creating a new topic but i figured out that I just ask it here straight to the point. I have done the unthinkable. Me and my girl just made out. I came on her chest. And then wore my underwear and my boxers again. And then proceeded in urinating in the comfort room. when i got back. She proceeded in rubbing her genitals against mine. She was wearing her underwear only. Now my question is. Is there are possibility for her to get pregnant with that pre cum after an ejaculation? we had clothes with us when she rubbed it after i ejaculated. Im just paranoid that the precum may have enough sperm cells in them. I know i have already asked this question many times but this one is different. I had an ejaculation before the precum in my clothes touched her wet underwear. Is it possible?
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

So to organize it in a way. 1. Ejaculation 2. Urination in the comfort room. 3. Dry humping with her underwear and me with underwear and boxers. 4. her underwear is wet with her umm "juice"(?) and mine is wet with my own pre cum. Is it possible for her to get pregnant? I am getting really paranoid. Thank you for the reply. This is the last time. I promise.
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From that article we first lionked you to:

quote:
SO IF:

• You DID have direct genital-to-genital sex with someone, or were sexually assaulted with direct genital-to-genital contact, and the other person's genitals WERE very different than yours. Vaginal intercourse, where a penis is inside a vagina, is the kind of sex that MOST commonly results in a pregnancy. If a person with a penis ejaculated (came) into a vagina or directly onto a vulva, this is a high pregnancy risk; if they did not, it is much less likely.

• There was not direct genital-to-genital sex or contact, but someone with a penis DID ejaculate inside a vagina or directly on or very near a vulva (like on or around the anus).

• Reliable methods of birth control were NOT used at all, or were not used properly in either or both of the above situations.

If any or all of those things describe the situation you're worried about, there probably WAS a real risk of pregnancy.

Can you see how the situation you're describing here lacks any of that criteria?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68130 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

No. There is no genital to genital contact. But what i fear is of the fluid. Numerous sites before i stumbled here claim that precum after a very frequent ejaculation might contain sperm cells. That is what i fear. But we have no genital contact.
Heather
Member # 3

But that fluid needs to get inside someone else's vagina for a pregnancy to even have a chance of happening.

And for that to happen, it's got to make a direct deposit, as it were, without that fluid being all absorbed or mashed around on something else, like underwear, at that site.

Also, in that link I have you for that advice column, did you notice how the presence of sperm cells is only ONE of many, many components for a pregnancy to happen?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

So you're saying that even if we only have our underwear there is no risk? Just an example. How about if one is naked and one is wearing underwear?
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Both of the previous question is just hypothetical questions. Just to make things clearer.
Heather
Member # 3

That fluid needs to get into someone's vagina.So, if you have a partner who is rubbing his genitals on yours, and you have on one set of underpants and he ejaculates fully, soaking your underpants? Then for sure, we might be talking about a possible pregnancy risk (though still not the kind where people are naked, since the fibers of your undergarments likely damage some sperm cells in that semen).

But pre-ejaculate is just a few drops of fluid. It's not going to be soaking through anything.

That all said, when people are at the point where one person is naked, the other nearly there, and they're rubbing genitals together? They're so close to having intercourse that it's time to talk about safer sex and contraception, regardless, IMO. because this is the part where we DO tend to see pregnancy risks, since activity like this is usually what happens right before someone reports that intercourse "just happened," or is what they and a partner did without planning it.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

So based from what I learned (so far) the only way for a person to get high possibility of getting pregnant is through direct intercourse were in their genitals are in contact to each other right?
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

And stuff like :
Pre ejaculate on clothing (underwear)
Pre ejaculate on fingers
and any exposed pre ejaculate has no pregnancy risk. Am I right?

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

and what if say for example the girl is wearing only an underwear and the tip of the penis that have pre ejaculate on it touched the part of the wet underwear. Is there a risk? We did not do this though. I was just reading through articles here and then I just thought of this. Is there a risk ?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Hi Damnparanoia,

We've already indicated what does and does not create a pregnancy risk. Were wetness of underwear a risk factor we would indicate such in our articles. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

No it's not. So the real only way to co-create a pregnancy is through genital to genital contact and ejaculation to vulva contact. Am I right? Sperm is very delicate so in order for it to be powrful enough to reach the egg. It has to be ejaculated inside a woman's vagina. So in other words. Pre ejaculate is not enough and having intercourse with clothes on (dry sex) also does not pose a pregnancy risk. Am I right?
Heather
Member # 3

I really feel like reading the links we gave you is important, and I feel like it's clear you haven't read them if you're still asking these questions, which they answer.

We've been trying to gently set limits with you on this so we don't have to keep saying the same things again and again, which really takes away from everyone else we need to tend to and all we need to do to run the site, and I really need you to respect those limits, okay? Thanks.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.