Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Questions...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions...
Hello123
Neophyte
Member # 101760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hello123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More of is there even a risk to begin with?
I have a couple of questions:

How likely is it for pre-ejaculate to cause a pregnancy and contain sperm? Has there been large scale research or how do we know?

If a condom slips halfway off but not completely is it safe to roll it back down? and does that qualify as a "condom slip" or does a condom slip mean completely off"?

What are the most reliable condom brands?

Scenario: My gf and I had sex a few days ago (6) so it is late for EC... We were having vaginal intercourse with our only method of birth control being a condom (trojan lubricated ribbed) and I made sure i held the tip and it was on before she came close to enter me (so am I right to say no direct contact?)... The condom would only slip halfway off during intercourse and I would roll it back down before going in again... at one point I "hurt" her (i felt bad... it happens often:( ) and she jumped off and when she jumped the condom came off and fell next to us... (we doubt it went in her since it fell off) we stopped having sex and i didnt ejaculate at all, but there was precum (im sure because i can feel when i ejaculate or come close to due to masturbation and becasue i never do when we have sex ~_~") My question to this is... does this even count as a pregnancy risk?

P.S. I have read through tons of forum questions on here over the last few days and have read all the articles you usually give when a person asks about pregnancy risks and from what I gather our situation is either highly unlikely or nonexistent, correct?

Thanks a million for your help and years of service of providing FREE Sexual Education :')

Posts: 32 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hello123
Neophyte
Member # 101760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hello123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And uhm... is it normal for a female to constantly crave "it" to a point were kissing is avoided because its too much of a turn-on?

Thank you

--------------------
Cool

Posts: 32 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Helo123, welcome to Scarleteen!

Anytime there is intercourse, even with proper use of a condom, there is always a possibility of pregnancy. This sounds like protected intercourse with no ejaculation, so that risk would be very small. It doesn't sound like there was any genital contact even when the condom came off, although since I wasn't there, it's hard to say. Since it is too late for EC there's not much you can do at this point, anyway, except wait and see.

When you say you accidentally hurt her a lot... do you want help with that? Are you using plenty of lubricant?

As to your second question... I think I am unclear on what you are asking. It is totally normal for kissing to be a turn on for men and women... and the amount of any kind of sex anyone might want varies highly from individual to individual (it is not based on gender).

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hello123
Neophyte
Member # 101760

Why thank you [Big Grin]

Hmmm yeah there wasnt any because she jumped off and we just stopped right after... how does a condom usually rib or break? I mean i tried using my nails to rip it and it take a bit of force.

So hypothetically speaking if the condom broke in this situation (which we are sure it didnt) or that some may have gotten on the vulva or in her would the possibility also be high unlikely? I ejaculated a day before we had intercourse and urinated multiple times.

Yeah i would want help... Hmm is there such a thing as going to deep, because I have been noticing that it is an angle most of the time that causes her pain and no we haven't but we will after she gets her period and able to take the pill. I wont stop using a condom either.

Sorry I know gender doesn't really matter when it comes to a person's libido. Well I guess that my partner tends to get really turned on when we make out to the point where foreplay is skipped and well i prefer to uhm take my time with things and have foreplay :/

Thank you for your help [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cool

Hello123
Neophyte
Member # 101760

Oh and she is expecting her period in a week and a half or two so if she gets it, its safe to say she isnt pregnant correct?

Im asking more because im curious especially about pre-ejaculate since there havent been any large studies on it or has there? and not necessarily freaking out

--------------------
Cool

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Certain angles or going in too deep can cause pain... and also not using enough lube can also cause pain. Here is a great article on how to solve problems of pain during intercourse:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

If a condom breaks during intercourse that does increase the chances of pregnancy, but not as high as if it broke while you were ejaculating for example. If it breaks before ejaculation we would consider the risk to be the same as withdrawal (73-82% typical use). Condoms rarely break with proper use, but if there is not enough lubrication and lots of friction, it can break. Also condoms degrade with age, so if it's past it's expiration date that makes them more likely to break.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hello123
Neophyte
Member # 101760

Oh okay and thanks for the link i will read it and definitely buy some water/silicone based lube

Yup definitely sure it didnt break and the expiration date wasnt until 2017 so the we stand at 98% so high unlikely correct?

and lastly like, she is expecting her period in a week and a half or two so if she gets it, its safe to say she isnt pregnant correct?

Thank you

--------------------
Cool

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Yep, correct on both questions.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Hello123
Neophyte
Member # 101760

Thanks a bunch [Big Grin]

--------------------
Cool

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.