Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » could i be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could i be pregnant?
admill
Neophyte
Member # 101747

Icon 11 posted      Profile for admill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I just recently started the bc sprintec but prior I was on the depo shot me and my boyfriend of two years do not use any other form of bc and it is my first month on the pill he has never finished inside of me and has always pulled out a couple days ago I finished my first month and I was wondering if it was normal not to start the day after I was off the pill? Also I just got a yeast infection and I've read and heard that could be a sign of pregnancy. I'm really worried I've never had to deal with this please if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it thanks
Posts: 4 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeast infections are very common. For sure, pregnant people get them, but who gets them most are simply people with vaginas. [Smile]

When just starting any new method of hormonal contraception, it tends to take the body a while to adjust in a lot of different ways. With the birth control pill, it might take as long as three packs before side effects fade and your withdrawal bleeds show up on schedule.

But, even when your body is used to the pill, they may well not appear the first day of the placebo pills: they don't for many pill users. The deal is just that withdrawal bleeds should start somewhere in that week. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
admill
Neophyte
Member # 101747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for admill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much that was really helpful!
Posts: 4 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
admill
Neophyte
Member # 101747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for admill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to bother you more but I've just noticed some other things my face has broken out a lot over the past couple weeks and I have had gas...I don't know I'm really nervous it seems like every symptom I have looked up I have had maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm not really sure [Frown]
Heather
Member # 3

Were you able to read this piece?

Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

admill
Neophyte
Member # 101747

I just did now thanks again
Heather
Member # 3

That get you taken care of?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.