Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Question about pre-cum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about pre-cum
dogs321
Neophyte
Member # 95663

Icon 9 posted      Profile for dogs321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so the other day I was hanging with my boyfriend and I was giving him a hand job and he did have pre-cum on his penis. He didn't ejaculate. After I stopped, we laid there for a minute and stood up and kissed but he never touched me down there. My hands felt dry and he took me back to my place. I had to go to the bathroom really badly so I ran back when we got there (which was about 15 minutes after I had stopped touching him) and without washing my hands (I know, dumb.) I went to the bathroom. I probably touched my lips down there when I wiped with the other hand. After that I can't remember if I washed my hands (I know, dumb again) and went back to my room. I remembered I didn't wash my hands and grabbed lotion and put it on right there. I remembered I had a tampon in and thought I should change it (I was spotting so I was afraid my period would start so I had one in just in case. It didn't end up starting). So I changed my tampon. After that I went straight into the shower and washed down there with a lot of soap. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant. Please help! I've been so scared lately!
Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

There is no pregnancy risk from what you described. It's a good idea to wash your hands, but not because you might transfer sperm.

There isn't always sperm in pre-cum, but even if there had been it would have died on your hands. sperm isn't like bacteria where it can live forever and transfer just as a touch.

There are two basic ways someone can potentially get pregnant if no birth control is used:

1. When a bare penis and bare vulva are in contact with each other, either through vaginal intercourse, rubbing, or anal intercourse.
2. If ejaculate comes right out of a penis onto a bare vulva.

Take a look at these articles to learn more.

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction
Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogs321
Neophyte
Member # 95663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogs321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So there's no way that the sperm could like "reactivate" when I used the lotion?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] No, sperm doesn't get reactivated. It needs a very specific environment in which to survive. That environment is semen, and then that's only if it's in the guy's body, or if the semen has been deposited in the vagina. No other environment is calibrated in terms of temperature, PH balance and all sorts of other things to make it possible for sperm to survive.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogs321
Neophyte
Member # 95663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogs321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So if I touched down there a little when using the restroom or putting in the tampon, it couldn't have done anything? Like used the little liquid that's there, or somehow got on the tampon to push the sperm in?
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, there's no risk from what you're describing.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogs321
Neophyte
Member # 95663

Please tell me it's going to be okay!
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Not only is it going to be okay, but it's okay now.

Did you have a chance to read the article I linked to above?

--------------------
Robin

dogs321
Neophyte
Member # 95663

Yes. Thank you.
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're most welcome.

--------------------
Robin

dogs321
Neophyte
Member # 95663

Do you think the lotion would kill the sperm?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

How about you look back at my previous replies and let me know what you think? Then we can work from there.

[ 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

dogs321
Neophyte
Member # 95663

I'm sorry. I'm just nervous and jittery. Sorry for all the questions. But if I start my period a couple of days after it happened, or even just have spotting, is it possible to still be pregnant?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Your period is a strong sign that you are not pregnant. Added to that, as you learned from the article and from our conversation it's not possible to get pregnant from the circumstances you described above.

Have you had this kind of nervousness and anxiety before? WE've noticed here at Scarleteen that sometimes when we're this nervous about a pregnancy possibility, even after we've factually learned that it isn't possible, it's because we're feeling other things, sometimes other feelings about the sexual activities, sometimes feelings about our relationships.

--------------------
Robin

Dianitaa
Neophyte
Member # 101742

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Dianitaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, this is my first time using this site so I don't know if this is the right place to post my questions. me and my bf of 1 year, where fooling around today. We had our clothes on, we had jeans, he had briefs, I had underwear, and he had basketball shorts as well. We had dry sex. I checked to see right after if i was wet as well as if his jeans where wet. They werent but his basketball shorts where. He precum. I don't think I touched his precum with my hand. I went to the restroom to clean myself..didn't touch my part..just a part of my underwear (inside the underwear near the wet part but not that close from it.) if I did touch the precum & soon after touch my underwear, is it possible that their was some precum on my hand and have a possibility of getting pregnant? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Dianitaa

Posts: 6 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dianitaa, welcome to scarleteen! We ask that users make new threads when they have a question, by clicking the button at the top of the page that says "new topic". Thanks! [Smile]

We also ask that all users asking about pregnancy risks please check out this post and all of the articles it lists:
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/28/t/007116.html

In those articles, there is all the information you need to know the answer to your questions [Smile] If you need help with clarifying anything within those articles, let us know and we can help you out!

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.