Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Irrational Fear...Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Irrational Fear...Help
Mariisita
Neophyte
Member # 101033

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mariisita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, for the past couple months I have become paranoid from this irrational fear I have of sperm being everywhere and me having a pregnancy risk. I don't do anything sexual but I don't know why I come to think that. I can't live a normal life because I'm scared to touch anything and I must clean everything and wash my hands all the TIME! I'm really frustrated with this and I tried to tell myself it is okay but I still worry. I'm scared to pet my dog because of fear she's dirty and I can't touch doorknobs and light switches because I'm also scared. I'm scared of using the rr if I don't wash my hands first or changing clothes if I don't wash them. I HAVE to wash my hands if I put on shoes or take them off. I don't want people coming to my room because I feel like they will get things dirty. I'm scared to do my laundry. Please help. I don't want to continue being so paranoid!!
Posts: 1 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mariisita and welcome to scarleteen,

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling so much right now. It sounds like you're really unhappy, understandably so.
What you're describing is a mental health concern that you need to see a healthcare professional about. You could start by seeing your doctor, or start directly by seeing a therapist.

Do you have a doctor you see regularly for checkups or if you get sick? That would be a good place to start. If not, we can help you find healthcare in your area.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.