Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sex Hurts!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex Hurts!
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Madii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so, its been quite a while since I've been on here, but I come in need of help yet again! Anyway, I've been with the same guy two and a half years yada yada, and we haven't really tried to have sex, I just give him oral and handjobs because I was really wary or fingering and oral on myself, he went down on me, it was awesome, so sometime later, I let him start to finger me, so we've been doing that for probablya monthish. So, we finally decided to go all the way, and it just hurts so bad, I won't even let him put the whole tip in. Fingering doesnt hurt me at all, it feels really good. But this whole sex thing..... It's pretty bad. I just need help on making it not hurt so bad!):
Posts: 74 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI madii,

I'm sorry to hear it's been so painful for you. When you start to have intercourse, is it after a long bout of other sexual activities, kissing, manual sex (fingering), oral sex, etc? When it comes time for intercourse, is it something you feel totally mentally and physically up for?

How are you feeling about any birth control and safer sex choices you and your boyfriend have made? I ask because sometimes worry about those things can contribute to tension that we may not be fully aware of.

I'm giving you a couple of articles that have several ideas in them for things you can try. How about you take a look at them and then we can discuss what you think might work for you? Does that sound okay?
First Intercourse 101

From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I will most definitely take a look at the articles!(: but yeah, I won't try unless I'm really in the mood, and after we've done lots of foreplay. I'm on the pill, and we use condoms, so I'm not worried or stressed about protection. I just can't understand why it hurts..... He has big enough hands.... And his whole finger fits inside me with no pain. But something about his penis being inside of me is so painful/:
Posts: 74 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are the two of you using lubricant? Things being too dry, and there being too much friction, can often increase discomfort and pain. Plus, vaginal sesecretions tend to be thicker for people on hormonal birth control (hence, less slippery and slick) and condoms increase friction as well.

So, if you're not using lubricant, I'd suggest trying that. What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madii     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are using lubricant, and it helps his penis slide in better, but it still hurts just as bad/:
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Nodding...Have you had a chance to read those articles? Did anything jump out at you as something that you could change or try?

--------------------
Robin

Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

I read them, and I thought they were great articles, but unfortunately it didn't really help/:
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

[Smile] That's okay.

You've mentioned that he fingers you. Have you also experienced putting your own fingers in your vagina, for asturbation, to put a tampon in, or just because?

I'm also wondering: In terms of size, do you think it might be that going from one finger to a penis is a big jump in size that maybe is a shock for your body?

How do you feel about engaging in intercourse? You mentioned that you were initially reticent to being the receptive partner of sexual activities and II'mwondering if tsome of hat reticence is hanging on. We can often carry anxiety or nervousness in our muscles (think of getting tense shoulders) and the vagina is surrounded by muscles that can, if they're tensed up either consciously or unconsciously, impact how comfortable (or not) putting something inside it will be.

--------------------
Robin

Madii
Activist
Member # 62947

Yes I have experienced my own finger inside of my vagina, again, no pain. Tampons.... No pain. Except when pulling them out, that hurts quite a lot. I feel quite excited about intercourse, and I want to try so bad, but neither me nor my boyfriend want to put me in any sort of pain.
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Madii,

I think that Robin is onto something with the tense muscles, given that you seem to be doing all the right things (plenty of foreplay, plenty of lube). However if you don't have any underlying nervousness about intercourse, I would suggest seeing your gynecologist. They should be able to examine your vagina and explain why you're having trouble with inserting things in your vagina.

That said, we all have different bodies and it's possible that your vagina is just relatively narrow.

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.