Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is this possible to impregnate a woman?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this possible to impregnate a woman?
yellowtomatoes
Neophyte
Member # 96480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowtomatoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello, may i ask. if i did not have sex, had no direct genital contact and no ejeculation, is it possible to impregnate a woman?

for example, ( i know these scenarios are unlikely to get someone pregnant, but will you tell me why not? )

if..
i masturbated and fingered myself but afraid that i have touched some sperm cells on the bed ( i sleep with my brother and am afraid that he had wet dreams? assuming that the semen is fresh )

if i sat on movie seats which may have sperm cells ( what if a male ejeculated on the seat and i sat on it? )
or
me and my boyfriend swimming in the pool, we were sort of making out, but our clothings were not removed at any time. his crotch was pressing against mine. ( his penis was hard, but i don't know if he pre-came or ejeculated but assuming that he did, is it possible? )

lastly, i have read ' pregnancy scared ' and ' where did i come from ' , but im really paranoid and i hope that you would be able to answer to me in greater details. once again, thanks alot! (:

--------------------
thanks for helping(:

Posts: 18 | From: Singapore | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi yellowtomatoes and welcome to scarleteen,

The key here is that semen (which is the fluid that contains sperm) cannot go through clothing and create a pregnancy. So, your examples of the movie theatre and being in the pool don't present any risk. Does that make sense?

I'm really unclear about your first question, but what I will say is that transfer like that really isn't going to create a pregnancy risk. The way I often like to describe it is that if semen (again, the fluid that contains sperm) has to make stops between a penis and vagina (such as on sheets or clothing, or anything else) it really isn't going to be a viable pregnancy risk.

As you read, particularly in the Where Did I Come From piece, it takes a lot more than individual sperm cells to create a pregnancy risk. Sperm are dependent on the seminal fluid to move; they don't just get transferred from place to place.

So, the things that you listed, not having direct genital contact of any kind or contact between freshly ejaculated semen (that is, right from penis onto vulva), mean that there is no risk of pregnancy. Those are the only ways that pregnancy can occur.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yellowtomatoes
Neophyte
Member # 96480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellowtomatoes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you very much for your clear answer. so let me clarify, sperm can't pass through 1 clothing much less 2 right? does this include thin materials?

--------------------
thanks for helping(:

Posts: 18 | From: Singapore | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Correct. If there is clothing between bodies, or between a body and the semen, pregnancy cannot occur.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.