Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » sex a couple days before period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sex a couple days before period
reedy
Neophyte
Member # 101346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reedy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two days ago, I had sex a couple days before my period was due. I did not use protection but he did not ejaculate inside me. My period usually comes at the end/beginning of the month so I should have gotten it by now or at least will get it hopefully soon. My boobs hurt and sometimes I have what feels like period cramps. I'm just wondering if I should get Plan B or wait it out and see what happens. Advice would be great!
Posts: 3 | From: new jersey | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi reedy and welcome to Scarleteen,

While there is less of a risk when there is no ejaculation, engaging in intercourse without a condom or using other birth control does pose a pregnancy risk.

Plan B can be taken within 120 hours (5 days) of a risk, though the sooner it is taken the more effective it is at preventing pregnancy. Whether you wait it out to see what happens or take Plan B is up to you.

Here's some more information about Plan B if you need it:

Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill)

Intercourse without a condom (with or without ejaculation) also poses risks of STI (sexually transmitted infection) transmission. Are you receiving regular sexual health care with STI testing?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reedy
Neophyte
Member # 101346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reedy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin Lee:
Hi reedy and welcome to Scarleteen,

While there is less of a risk when there is no ejaculation, engaging in intercourse without a condom or using other birth control does pose a pregnancy risk.

Plan B can be taken within 120 hours (5 days) of a risk, though the sooner it is taken the more effective it is at preventing pregnancy. Whether you wait it out to see what happens or take Plan B is up to you.

Here's some more information about Plan B if you need it:

Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill)

Intercourse without a condom (with or without ejaculation) also poses risks of STI (sexually transmitted infection) transmission. Are you receiving regular sexual health care with STI testing?

Posts: 3 | From: new jersey | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reedy
Neophyte
Member # 101346

oh just realized how to reply oops haha

No, I'm not currently recieving any STI testing but I will get on that immediatley. Just out of curiosity, what would you do if you were in my position?

Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi reedy!

Do you need any help finding somewhere you can go to receive your sexual healthcare, or do you already have that under control?

I also am not sure how useful it'd be for any of us to tell you what we would personally do in a situation, since everyone prioritizes things differently and has different levels of risk they would be comfortable with. We also all have different lives and experiences, so while something might be an easy and viable option for one person, it might not be a realistic option for someone else, you know? So this is about you and what you're comfortable with or not. If you feel like you would be more comfortable taking plan B, then you can most certainly do that. And if not, then you don't have to [Smile]

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.