Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Extremely sensitive(painful) clitoris

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extremely sensitive(painful) clitoris
LizC
Neophyte
Member # 96002

Icon 9 posted      Profile for LizC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't exactly sexual, but I don't have anyone else to ask right now about it, and google has been surprisingly unhelpful, and it technically is reproductive/sex related, so here goes...

I'm 17, I've had my period for four years, and in all that time I've never experienced anything like this. I'm not on birth control or any prescription medicines, I'm a virgin, though I have played around on my own a bit, it's never been to the point of orgasm. But starting yesterday my clitoris was extremely sensitive, painful, even, just touching it or the sides was spikes of pain. It feels like there's an ice pick piercing the clitoris and touching or brushing it sends those sharp pains all up it, even internally. I recognize the pain as over-sensitivity, but I don't quite know why it's like that. I'm due to start my period soon, but I'm not doing anything different with my diet or activities, I haven't even really done anything with my ladyparts(not even trimmed hair) in ages. So I'm not sure why this is happening now. I've never been to a gynecologist, but I would like to go at some point soon, once I get on insurance. But that won't be 'till the new year, and I'm a bit worried about this now, since it's been over 24h and it hasn't gone away or faded any.

Any advice or help? I can go to the doctor if it's an emergency or serious, but I'd rather not, seeing as it's Christmas weekend and I'm the primary caregiver for a terminal patient who can't be left alone.

Posts: 37 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Liz: how painful are we talking about here? Like, on a pain scale of 0 (no pain) to 10 (you are literally pinned under a truck right now) how bad is this?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67046 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LizC
Neophyte
Member # 96002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh gosh, the scale. Shoulda thought of that. I deal with it enough. Um, the exact pain is about a 4 right now, I guess? It's not continual, just sharp, quick reactions so it's hard to get a solid idea of it. It feels a bit like a toothpick being wiggled about down my clitoris.
Posts: 37 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, for someone to really know what's going on here, you need to be seen by a healthcare provider.

But my guesses, until you can be, are that you might be dealing with some kind of blocked cyst or gland. The way you're describing the pain is the way a lot of people with that issue tend to.

So, what you can try in the meantime until you can be seen, since often these things do resolve themselves, and the pain isn't so bad, is take an over-the-counter analgesic (like advil, tylenol, what have you), and see if a warm compress or hot bath doesn't help. That combination of things usually will help relieve that kind of pain from those things, and may also help a blocked cyst or gland take care of itself. With the bath or compress, if it does help, then try doing that one or twice a day for the next few.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67046 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LizC
Neophyte
Member # 96002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, and it's frustrating that it would come now, over the holidays, JUST before my insurance starts and when I hardly even have the time to go see a doctor. My body's got the greatest timing, psh.

Got it! I'd never considered that, but I'll go ahead and try some tylenol. I was planning on a bath this afternoon, too, so that's settled. Thank you!

Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing.

By all means, if the pain gets worse, or you develop other symptoms, I'd suggest seeing what you can do to be seen. Planned Parenthood branches are all over TX, and they use a sliding scale, so they're always one option for those of us who are uninsured.

Public health in your state or county is another.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

LizC
Neophyte
Member # 96002

The nearest one is a couple hours away, and honestly, not worth the effort. I could find someone in the area who could check it if it does get worse. Being Christmas, I DO have money, just would prefer to not spend it on doctors if I can help it, y'know? I will go if I notice it getting worse or doesn't get better over the next couple days, but, yeah.

[ 12-22-2012, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: LizC ]

Heather
Member # 3

I totally understand.

Given the pain level, and the fact that this sensation is all that's going on, I personally think it's fine to see what a hot bath and an analgesic does first.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

LizC
Neophyte
Member # 96002

It seems to have cleared up, no pain or sensitivity anymore. Thanks for the suggestions, Heather!
Heather
Member # 3

Oh, yay, glad to hear it! You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.