Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey. I have talked to my bf, and we've agreed to stick to fingering. He wants to break my hymen with his finger.... He says it'll feel better next time we finger. Would it be dangerous for that?
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m_azul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, an if I've been fingered and his finger has been pretty far up me doesn't that mean he can't break/stretch it out much more? I just read "my corona" and its 1-2 cm up... If he's inserted fingers pretty far that means he's been past my hymen/corona, right?d
Posts: 281 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he's already fingered you like that, it sounds like you don't have any corona to break. Whether it stretched because of the fingering or was already that way is impossible to know. Lots of people barely have any coronal membrane left by the time they become sexually active.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Ah okay, that is what I thought. Thanks!
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Okay.. Another question. I am still planning my gyno trip, but I have noticed for the past month I've had this bump in my vaginal area... It's to the side of my clitoris, kinda up in the folds. It's almost the same color as the rest of me down there, but its raised. It's doesn't hurt nor does it itch... I just wanted a heads up as to what this could be? (Before I get into the gyno bc I'm clueless about these things)
My mom has a condition in which she has clogged sweat glands (maybe its oil glands... Idk) down there and they told her it was hereditary. Maybe it could be that? But hers are SUPER painful.
I also sweat so much that I have to take meds to keep it under control. Maybe this is something to do with that and what my mom has?
But it's only one single place. Not a patch, and gives me no symptoms... It's just there. I haven't fooled with it, and idk if it has a head or not.

So to summarize, what does this sound like it could be? And What will a gyno likely do about it?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A GYN would check to make sure it isn't a blocked or infected gland of some kind, namely. However, that will usually cause at least some discomfort, especially if it's so close to the clitoral glans, which is so full of nerve endings.

But ultimately, this is just something to add to your list of things to ask about when you go in.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Alright. Thanks Heather!

And my friend I told you about previously that had unprtected sex... I am going to tell her to log in to this website! But if she has a normal period lasting about 5 days pretty heavy, but bleeds two heavy days (almost bleeding through a pad each day) and its pretty much spotting the other two days can she safely assume she isn't pregnant? She told me she usually has heavy periods but this one has only been a couple of clots but still fairly heavy for two days. (But yes I will be telling her she needs her own account bc I know you're not supposed to share, she just wanted me to post this question)

m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Well... She has no Internet access at the moment... So looks like she can't get on :/

But yeah I guess her only thing would be (well, what she asked me about) "If you take a pregnancy test a week before your expected period, it says negative but you get a period about 6 days early, heavy bleeding for two days with clots but spotting (until right now) can you assume you're not pregnant?"

Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, taking a pregnancy test becomes effective when you wait at LEAST 14 days from the time of possible pregnancy risk. OR you can wait to see if you get your period- it's a whatever arrives first deal. Changes in a woman's cycle are not an unusual thing, and so not necessarily connected to any bad thing at all, and so I can't really comment on whether or not your friend's current experience of her period is related to any of this at all.

So, in your friend's case, if she took the pregnancy test sooner than 14 days after the risky situation, then no, that wouldn't tell her anything either way. So that's pretty irrelevant unless it meets the time wait.

But it sounds to me, like you're saying, like she has her period, so no, it does not sound like she is pregnant. However, she may also want to look into getting STI testing.

[ 11-23-2012, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Claire P. ]

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

I told her. She says thank you very much! And I also appreciate the assistance.
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

My pimple went away so I don't have that to be concerned with anymore!!

So just to make this clear.... I've had 2 periods since I what I was worried about getting me pregnant, and y'all said I couldn't. But I've had two periods, although they were lighter, they were periods. I haven't had any drastic weight changes, nor have I been sick, and my sore went away. So I have absolutely no reason to be stressing over pregnancy risks and gyno visits? I can now go on to live my usual bubbly life?

I am normally (before all these posts/worries) a person described as joyful and fun. Ive kinda missed a couple of months of my life I think. I honestly think that. So not having a worry during the holidays would be amazing [Big Grin] so all is well? Do you all recommend laying off the Internet for a while, enjoying family time around the holidays, and treating the gyno like a regular checkup? If so, I'm pumped to move forward, forget about all this (well maybe not forget... I need to learn from it lol) and to get back to LIFE!!!

m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Hey! I'm no longer stressing, I'm on like day 7/8 of my period. But I just don't understand... How does ejaculate with one layer of clothing not pose a pregnancy risk? Or is it just preejaculate?

I just want to understand. Because sperm are so fragile and small?

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI Maria,

IN order for there to be a risk of pregnancy, a lot of things have to be just right. Sperm don't move by themselves. They require ejaculate to do so, and that ejaculate has to be a certain temperature, viscosity, acid-alkaline balance, and so on in order for all this to happen. Going through clothes interrupts this entire process, making it not possible.

Does that help at all?

--------------------
Robin

m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Yes. Yes it does help. Back when I was worried I just wanted to know if there was a risk or not, and now that I'm calmer I wanted to understand how it wasn't. That makes sense [Smile] you know what I wish? All the inaccurate sources about this stuff would go away! Lol thanks
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're most welcome.

And yes, I hear you on the inaccurate sources.

You've probably seen this article already, but I think it's a good one to keep around if you're having any curiosity about how pregnancy does and doesn't happen.

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/where_did_i_come_from_a_refresher_course_in_human_reproduction

--------------------
Robin

m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Alright, I'll keep a look on that article.

Also, one other question I thought of... So planned parenthood says dry humping with no pregnancy risk is when one is "fully clothed" does that mean "fully covered genitals?" Like with one layer, you think, or does it mean "fully clothed work typical clothes such as underwear AND jeans/shorts?"

m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

With*** not work, sorry.
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maria,

As long as there is at least one layer of fabric, no matter how thin, there is no risk of pregnancy from dry humping.

Check out this blog post: Dry Humping Freakout!

Cheers,

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m_azul
Activist
Member # 97546

Hey there... I have noticed some changes about my body. My nipples are dark, I've felt nauseous, my discharge has increased (no discoloration really), and for the first time in YEARS my waistline is changing... Like between my belly button and pubic area is rounded. I'm 100lbs so this is very noticeable. My bf noticed it as well. I had two periods and a negative test between the two periods (since my freakout about dry humping) and I started BC pills about two weeks ago. Could the above symptoms already be from the birth control? I don't know anyone really familiar with all this stuff to ask but you all.

My second question, though its kinda irrelevant now, but if you dry hump with one layer (maybe while the girl is naked) and the guy fingers her right after, is that a pregnancy risk? I've read the articles about fingering and dry humping with one layer not being risks themselves, but what about together?
Thanks

freaky52
Neophyte
Member # 101048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freaky52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in my 60s I want sex more now thean I did in my 40s recently I was having sex with my husband my orgasim came so intense I peed also is that normal
Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI freaky52 and welcome,

Scarleteen is geared towards teens and young adults. We do answer questions from people older than our target population when time permits and ask those folks to make a donation to us if that is possible for them. WE also know that there are a lot of resources on the Net for adults to find information about sex and to talk with their peers. If you do a search, I suspect you'll find plenty of information that is more geared towards adults than what we have to offer, and will likely find forums where women who've had similar experiences to you are talking about them.

That said, what we have to offer is more applicable to people of any age than folks would expect. Here's an answer to your question:

It's absolutely normal for one's desire for sex to increase or decrease at various times in our lives. "Peeing" during sex is also not unusual. Here's some reading material:Squirt: On Female Ejaculation

10 of the Best Things You Can Do for Your Sexual Self (at Any Age)

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.