Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Erm, is this normal?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Erm, is this normal?
SittingPretty12
Activist
Member # 94883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SittingPretty12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed with some recent partners that I am very wet at the end of sex. Like I can feel slippery when I walk. This usually happens if my partner has performed oral sex on me previous to penetration.

I am on the pill.

What concerns me is the last partner I had. About a month ago, we had sex and the next morning when I stood up I could feel myself slightly leaking. I found this very odd. When I went to the bathroom, it was a very thin clear Fluid. It left a wet spot the size of a nickel on my underwear. I found this odd. We used a condom, but I am unsure if it broke. I assume he would have told me. Is it possible it was left over saliva and or vaginal lubrication? We did not use any additional lube besides the one on the latex condom. Or is it possible the condom broke without my knowledge?

I don't believe it is an infection, I was tested in August for bacterial infections and November for HIV.

So, what's up? I know you ladies aren't doctors, but some insight would be nice as I am concerned.

--------------------
xo.

Posts: 113 | From: West Coast, Best Coast | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is possible that it was left over saliva or vaginal lubricant, and it's also possible that it's just your usual discharge for this time in your cycle.

When condoms break, it's usually pretty obvious -- they don't get tiny holes, they tend to tear pretty majorly. Semen is also not a thin clear fluid, so it doesn't sound like that's what you're describing.

However, do keep in mind that using extra lubricant is a part of proper condom use. The lube included on pre-lubricated condoms isn't actually enough. Without additional lube, condoms ARE more likely to break, so you should consider getting some lube ASAP.

Posts: 1305 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SittingPretty12
Activist
Member # 94883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SittingPretty12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks [Smile]

Yeah, when I wiped it was thin clear and slightly sticky. Sorry if that's TMI. What is the consistency of semen? I've never had anybody ejaculate inside me so that's why I was concerned.

I read online that when a condom breaks just the base hoop is left? Is this true?

Thanks, I'll remember to use lube next time.

Posts: 113 | From: West Coast, Best Coast | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, after the fact, you're really unlikely to be able to tell the difference between your own vaginal discharges, lubrication and semen. Smell, if anything, is going to be how you can have a sense of if someone ejaculated inside you, because it does tend to make the vagina temporarily smell different than usual.

When a condom breaks, it can break so only the ring is left, but it can also get a tear in it, ot seem to have a big hole.

But really trying to figure out at this point if your condom broke or not seems like something pretty impossible to do.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68053 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SittingPretty12
Activist
Member # 94883

Okay, gotcha. Thanks! I didn't notice any different smell. I know what you mean, when I used to ditch condoms with my ex, I smelled different down there.

Okay, but a rip would still be noticeable, right? I remember glancing at the condom when he pulled out and didn't see any obvious damage. It's not one of those things where you have to examine it super closely? Sorry for the questions, I'm a bit paranoid and because of this I'm SUPER careful about protection.

Oh, and if you celebrate, Merry Christmas [Smile]

smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi SittingPretty,

Merry Christmas to you too [Smile]

Because of friction, it doesn't take long for a small tear to turn into a big one, so yes, it would be noticeable.

Do you have any other questions?

Cheers,

Marion

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SittingPretty12
Activist
Member # 94883

I think you guys covered it! Thanks!

--------------------
xo.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.