Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Manual Sex Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Manual Sex Questions
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I just wanted to ask some questions about manual sex.

My boyfriend has fingered me a couple of times in the past year. However, I don't really get much pleasure from it. It actually hurts a little, no matter how long foreplay lasts. Also, he can never seem to find my G-spot. Is it possible that I just don't have one?

I also wanted to ask a question about ovulation. How can you tell whether you are ovulating or not?

Finally, I just wanted to make sure I got this right: even if my boyfriend fingered me with a little pre-ejaculate on his hands, as long as a) he hadn't ejaculated in the past 24 hours, and b) his hands weren't dripping in pre-ejaculate, it's not possible to get pregnant, correct?

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you and your partner engage in manual sex, are you plenty aroused and interested in what's happening? Do you use enough lube and make sure to go slow or stop if you feel any pain?

How well do you know your body? Do you masturbate?

For your second question, the only way to accurately predict ovulation is if you chart your cycles regularly. Charting cycles involves taking your basal temperature and checking your cervical mucus daily. Once you've done that for a while, you'll start to see a pattern that will help you predict your ovulation date.

As for the pregnancy risk, we've talked about this a couple of times before and linked you to our articles, but just as a refresher, this one should help you out:
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have tried masturbating the past, but it has never felt good to me. Am I doing it wrong?

And do you have to use lube even if you have natural lubrication?

Where can I find out how to take my basal temperature?

And thanks for the article again! I have a question though. How long can sperm left over from a previous ejaculation survive in the penis?

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

Here's some more information about charting your cycles.

Get With the Flow: All About FAM

There is no right or wrong way to masturbate. If something feels good, one does it some more; if it doesn't, one stops doing it.

That said, you might find this article on genital anatomy to be helpful.

Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More

Not everyone experiences pleasure from the G-spot; some people don't feel anything at all, and some people even feel discomfort when there is pressure placed on that area (which is on the top wall of the vagina, just slightly beyond the opening). The same goes with partnered sex as with masturbation; if it feels good, do it some more, and if it doesn't feel good, don't do it. So, if fingering doesn't feel good, it's not something you have to do.

What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's no "wrong" way to masturbate -- masturbation is all about what works for YOU. So, have you tried masturbating in various ways? Just for example, some people like direct stimulation of the clitoris while others prefer indirect. Some people masturbate with the use of vibrators or other sex toys, some people use shower heads, etc. There's an infinite amount of possibilities, so if you haven't taken the time to try various possibilities, then that's definitely something you should do. Also, a lot of people need to be really aroused and "in the mood" before they start masturbating for it to feel good. So that might be something for you to consider, too.
Here's an article that goes into this more in-depth: How Do You Masturbate?

As for your second question -- it really depends on the person, too. Some people find that they are alright with the amount of lubrication they produce, but plenty of people aren't. Adding lube can really increase your sensitivity and comfort, and a lot of people like using it (even if they don't "have to"). You can't really go wrong with lube, so it's at least something to try out! [Smile]

To chart your menstrual cycle, you'll have to talk to a doctor/GYN and they will be able to teach you how to take and interpret your basal temperature, along with all the other things you need to do with charting. Here are a couple of our articles on menstrual charting/"FAM", though, so you can learn the basics:
It's Smart to Chart
Get With the Flow: All About FAM

And for your final question! There's no exact statistics on how long sperm will live in the penis. From what we do know, it's estimated that sperm can live within the body for around 5 days. However, when the person urinates, it clears the urethra of any sperm, so they wouldn't have the chance to live in the urethra for five days! [Smile] So usually you can safely assume the pre-ejaculate is sperm-free if he has urinated at least once or twice since his last ejaculation.

Hope that helps!

Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.