Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy Scare I need information and Advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy Scare I need information and Advice
Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boxerkid1611     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
This story is going to seem odd, but I am not ready for kids and my anxiety is high. My girlfriend of four years has been taking ortho tri cyclen lo for the past 5 years. Recently, due to a change in her insurance she could not afford the pills. She was without them for 3 weeks. During this time we had sex twice. First session was on January 4th 2013. We used a condom. The condom did not rip, tear, leak or fail any of the standard ways. Yes I put it on right side up and not backward or anything. I check my condoms after sex with water from the sink, it held just fine. I also withdrawal well before ejaculation and I finish in the bathroom. The second time was Monday, and same story we used condoms and there was no failure, and I finished in the bathroom. On Monday as well I paid full price (yes expensive, but cheap compared to a child) and she started her pills again Monday night. I am scared from those two sessions I could have made her pregnant. She does give me oral sex before I put the condom on to get me ready for the condom, but my penis never enters her or touches her vagina before the condom is on. I guess what it all comes down to is the possibility of precum possibly still some how getting on her even though I wasn't in her or near her. What are the realistic chances she could become pregnant from this? I know every time you have sex you run a chance but is it likely she has become pregnant?

--------------------
UIP

Posts: 28 | From: PA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, Boxerkid.

We ask users coming to us with pregnancy scares to please go through this link posted at the top of this forum before posting them: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027495.html

Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boxerkid1611     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Heather,

I have read through the information and apologize for posting without reading it. Even though I read the materials I am not sure it really answered my real question about what happened to me. Yes we had sex with a condom, and no it didn't fail and no I didn't ejaculate when inside her while wearing the condom. My question really has to do with the pre ejaculate during oral sex. I mean the stuff doesn't fly I understand that, and no it didn't get on her, but is there still a risk?

--------------------
UIP

Posts: 28 | From: PA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you know from reading all of that that in order for there to be a pregnancy risk per your ejaculate, it has to be inside her vagina or on her vulva then, right?

If so, you should be able to look back at your question and see clearly that this isn't something that poses pregnancy risks. [Smile]

Just for the record, there truly is no need to fill condoms with water after using them. When condoms tear or rip, it really is obvious. Some people have the idea condoms have or can get these teeny-tiny holes in them, but that comes from religious propaganda, not from accurate sources.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67076 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

if she would have had pre cum on her hands then touched her self would that warrant a pregnancy scare?

--------------------
UIP

Heather
Member # 3

Like that post and the links within it make clear, indirect contact like that poses infection risks, but is not likely to pose pregnancy risks.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Boxerkid1611
Neophyte
Member # 102052

Thank you very much Heather for listening and giving advice you've made me feel much better. I also got to thinking and she had her period on New Years Eve. Meaning she wouldn't have been ovulating on the 4th yet. That is if she even ovulates this month bc of her body going crazy without the pills. Any thoughts on that? Would have she been ovulating?

--------------------
UIP

smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without detailed charting it's pretty much impossible to tell whether or when someone ovulates, especially with your girlfriend going on and off birth control.

If you want to avoid pregnancy your best bet is to use condoms until she has finished her first month of tricyclen.

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.