Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can pregnancy occur from manual sex? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can pregnancy occur from manual sex?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BriAnneeeee9595     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I have a question as to whether or not I could be pregnant. Firstly, my bf and I are both virgins, we use that term loosely in that we haven't had anal or vaginal sex. In the month of September we dry humped naked. I worried the entire month that I had become pregnant (I hadn't and ended up with my same horrible period lol) In researching if I was pregnant during that month I became aware of all kinds of crazy ways to become pregnant (or so it seems) He and I have done oral and manual sex for months and I've never thought twice about pregnancy,but now I second guess myself. Anyways my bf and I had manual sex a couple weeks ago, and all of my friends and my bf says its impossible to become pregnant this way even if a little precum was on his finger. My question is if he wiped precum off of his finger (he had recently ejaculated without using the restroom after so sperm would have been present) he wiped it on the seat of his car, and then began fingering me. Could I become pregnant from this even if his fingers were dry? I no longer google anything because I feel like I don't trust anything those sites say because I don't feel everything is accurate and I begin to worry myself more. I like scarleteen and use it for most of my problems lol. But anywho I've read that you all have said his hand would have to have a visible amount of semen in order to be at risk (which it didn't,I don't even know if he had anything at all on his fingers, he says he didn't at all). Also, I missed my period, though I'm highly irregular but during the month of October I dealt with a death in the family and surgery so could all of the stress account for my missed period or could it actually be pregnancy? I'm scared and nervous and am looking for help in any way.. Thank you!
Posts: 73 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, and thanks for making your own post! [Smile]

Have you first been able to read through this thread at the top of this forum and the links within it: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67052 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BriAnneeeee9595     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol no problem [Smile]
And yes ma'am I have. I've read through everything it seems like on this site! Ive read where you all have said manual sex poses no risk for pregnant, but I find myself wondering what if there was something on his finger? Would that make a difference at all?

Posts: 73 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something like what? [Smile]

Really, unless that "something" were a handful of fresh ejaculate, we can always confidently say, as we did at that link, that while manual sex can pose some infection risks, it is profoundly unlikely to ever result in a pregnancy. Even less so, for example, I'd say, than someone having intercourse but also using two reliable forms of of contraception.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67052 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

So in other words should I quit worrying?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

My period is over two weeks late, but the month of September it ended up being over ten days late also. I'm pretty irregular, but this is extra long. I don't know if the reason I am so late is because I was stressed or if I really am pregnant..
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you keep track of the start dates of your periods?

There are many reasons a period can be late, but it doesn't sound from what you're describing as if your cycles are regular enough for this period to officially be considered late.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

I do keep track. During the summer they were pretty regular (every 28 days on the button). As September rolled around they started becoming irregular again (as they were before summer). I didn't even get my period until 6 weeks after the start of my last one, and now I'm going on 6 1/2 weeks. I'm not sure what to do because I really don't believe pregnancy is possible in this situation. Lol but Im a worry wart.
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

What if my period doesn't arrive by December?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it's pretty typical for you to have longer spaces between your periods during the autumn and winter months? Do you find you have more stress, a different routine, or both during these times? I see above that you recently had surgery. Anaesthetic drugs and the physical trauma of surgery can both have an effect on the menstrual cycle.

What do you think would allay your worries right now? The obvious answer is to get your period, I know..but there's nothing we can do about that. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

The surgery was pretty awful, and not soon after my uncle passed away very unexpectedly, which was traumatic. I guess all of these circumstances could delay it. And the best way to ease my worry besides my period is for someone with knowledge, like one of you all, to say BriAnne, you aren't pregnant. Lol
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Also, if my bf and I had genital to genital contact but no sex, and I ended up getting my period, is it 100% safe to say there isn't any way I could be pregnant still from that since my period did come?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, getting your period is a sign that you didn't get pregnant from that, though, for future reference, there is some risk of getting pregnant from that sexual activity.

Well, I can't see inside your body so I can't tell you that you aren't pregnant. What I can tell you, which it sounds like you've already figured out from what you've learned here, is that what you're describing doesn't lead to pregnancy.

Between surgery and your uncle's unexpected death, it sounds like you've had an awful month. are you able to do anything to take care of yourself and reduce the stress you've been feeling?

--------------------
Robin

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Also, just to let you know, I'm headed out for the day, but other volunteers will be around later if you have any more questions/still need help figuring this out.

--------------------
Robin

BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

I now know that there is a risk of pregnancy from that and definetly don't plan on doing it until we have protection. We've refrained from actual sex because the fear of pregnancy, but now I'm just worried lol. There's not much I can do to ease my mind cause everytime I try it just lands back into my mind. If I did become pregnant from this wouldn't I be one of the first people ever to have this happen? Lol
And okay, thank you for the help [Smile]

BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

So since this is the only thing I have done sexually since my last screw up (genital to genital contact) I can't be pregnant from it because there are no actual pregnancy risks from doing this?
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You got it!

How do you feel about this type of sexual activity now that you know the facts?

--------------------
Robin

BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Much better! Lol so I will get my period unless something is just wrong with me? Not because I have any chance at all of being pregnant from this activity?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Sorry for annoying you guys, but it is 100% impossible to not become pregnant from fingering, even if there may have been a teeny drop of precum on his finger or something? (I'm not even sure that there was).
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Hey y'all. I'm super nervous and worried cause my period still hasn't arrived.. Idk what to do. A pregnancy test seems like a waste of money, but what if by some miracle I did become pregnant from this?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pregnancy tests vary in price, they don't all cost the same. So, you could head to the store and look for an affordable one (cheaper ones are just as effective as expensive tests). And maybe your boyfriend can pitch in and help you with paying for a test? I think it's a sound investment to make, if you think it will help you calm down.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

But everything on here basically says that it's impossible, do you think it is?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Why is it any less impossible than regular sex?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

What if he still had a drop of precum underneath his fingernail before inserting me? Could that lead to pregnancy or am I silly for thinking of such a thing? (sorry for bombarding y'all with questions)
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Heather and Robin that your pregnancy risk is very, very low.

However, since you are still worried and our answers haven't helped you, maybe a pregnancy test will calm your fears.

Have you seen this article yet? It may help you understand better why manual sex is a very low risk activity: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 8994 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

So in all reality since it was precum it'd have to be inside of me, basically on his penis rather than a drop on a finger, to even pose as a risk because the amount is just too low to even have a chance?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Sperm are very delicate creatures. They need the very specific environment of ejaculatory fluid to stay viable, an they don't travel well outside of the body. The trip from his penis to his hand to your vagina is just too far for them, especially given that some time passed in the meantime, too.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

So if he wiped most (it could have been all) but just to be sure if he wiped most of it off then the chance of pregnancy would basically be nonexistent?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

And is it low risk or impossible?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Also, robin said that I was correct in saying this situation would not lead to pregnancy at all. So since I don't necessarily have a place to take a test, nor money to buy one, and I'd really rather not have to wait to see the answer lol I would probably throw up in anticipation. That I really don't even have 0.0001 percent chance of this happening?
BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

That I don't need to take one lol is what I meant to say
Heather
Member # 3

We really can't talk percentage points with something like this, because a) we don't have studies on this particular activity and pregnancy to get that data from and b) whether or not someone becomes pregnant is about more than what sexual activity they engaged in and if there was or wasn't ejaculate.

But really, I think we need to wind this up, because we're starting to go in circles here per just giving the same answer again and again, which is that no, based on everything we know, what you have described here is not a viable pregnancy risk.

If that information isn't cutting the mustard for you, then your best bet is either to a) take that test, or b) seek out a second opinion from a different source you feel confident about, like say, a family doctor or school nurse.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

Lol I'm sorry for harassing you guys. I've actually checked with a few other sources and they see no risk either, I guess I'm just anxious waiting on my period. Thanks so much for the help and I'll try to calm down.
Heather
Member # 3

I don't feel you were harassing us, no worries. I just know that it's so easy to get stuck obsessing on this, or in a loop of trying to get some kind of ironclad answer that isn't possible.

Unfortunately, with scares like this, they're often not something we can just magically wave away. We have to just go through the process of waiting them out. On the other hand, the feelings we struggle with when they're having them can actually be pretty useful, often helping us to identify what we're really ready to deal with and what we aren't to make better sexual choices for ourselves and our own unique needs moving forward.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

BriAnneeeee9595
Activist
Member # 99438

I totally feel what you're saying. Thanks for listening [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.