Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Stomach pains

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stomach pains
Ash33
Neophyte
Member # 100770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ash33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I am having dull achey pains in my lower abdomen/pelvic area, which has been continuous for a week and a half. It started the day after I had a really heavy makeout session (I had underwear on the entire time). What could this be?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Ash33 and welcome to Scarleteen,

Have you ever experienced this type of achiness before? Sometimes that dull achiness can be related to one's menstrual cycle.

However, if you're experiencing pain for an extended period of time, that's usually something to chat with a doctor about, just to make sure that nothing medical is amiss. Do you have access to healthcare?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ash33
Neophyte
Member # 100770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ash33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a similar feeling to when I get cramps during my period, but it's not going away at all and it's more or a dull ache. I had my period 2 weeks ago, and this has never happened after my period. I am curious if the heavy makeout had anything to do with it? Do you think anything could have gone wrong to cause this? I want to avoid going to a doctor if I can for right now.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's really impossible for me to tell you, since I'm not a doctor and even if I was I'm not there to examine you, if anything is wrong.

A couple of possibilities:

The area we're talking about also contains the digestive system, so this could be related to that, not to anything sexual health-related.

IN terms of whether making out could cause anything to go "wrong" it's pretty unlikely. if there was a lot of pressure against your pelvis from bodies rubbing together, it's certainly possible that you could have gotten some strained muscles or something of that nature.

What you're describing also sounds a little like FBI Files: Vasocongestion, AKA: Blue Balls
but I wouldn't expect that to last this long.

Is there anything besides the timing of this that has you worried about it being related to your sexual health?

I would encourage you to set a time limmit for yourself for how long you'll put up with this before seeing a health care provider. Again, when changes happen in our bodies, particularly changes signalled by pain, it's usually a good idea to have them checked out. (though I certainly hear you on not wanting to go to the doctor, I'm not a fan of doing that myself)

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.