Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I need some reassurance....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need some reassurance....
justagirl1219
Neophyte
Member # 97563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justagirl1219     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sooo, I stopped my birth control about a month ago (I was using to regulate my hormones), and my period is supposed to come this upcoming Friday. If it doesn't, alas I am an irrational worry wart. And frankly, because of school, my mind has been drilled that if your period doesn't come on time, you're pregnant. So that's what I'll end up thinking. Is it possible to get pregnant any other way than having sex, artificial insemination, or having semen around my vaginal area?

I mean, I haven't had sex, but I have been fingered once with a clean hand. Not like he jacked off, and then fingered me with sperm all over his hand. That would be so nasty!

Anyways, so someone, please reassure me that I'm just being irrational and no, I won't end up being pregnant. Is there any other reason my body would delay my period? (Then again, I am thinking ahead of time, I still have 3 more days until my period is predicted to come) I'm really sorry, I probably seem really naive, but I just think too much and obsess over irrational and illogical things.

Posts: 25 | From: -- | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI There,

No, there really aren't any other ways to get pregnant other than what you've listed.

Know though that after stopping hormonal birth control, it's common for a person's cycles to take a while to establish there own pattern, so it's possible that you won't get your period on Friday. If you don't though, there is no reason to panic. [Smile]

Does this help?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.