Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Safe Days

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Safe Days
njcoutinho
Neophyte
Member # 100662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njcoutinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend and I decided to go out this weekend and have sex for the first time . I carried condoms, a spermicide tablet (Today) and calculated that this weekend would fall during the safe day zone (Her period started on the 19th and goes on for about 5 days.Her cycle is around 29-30 days).

Now I withdrew and blew in the condom outside , I checked the condom and there was no tear I threw it in the trash and used another one but not before washing my hands. But I forgot to wipe or wash my penis before putting on the new one.

I know I am being paranoid here but do I need to be worried about her getting pregnant. I used a condom + spermicide + withdraw method + safe days .

Really worried ,Should I ask her to take a morning after pill. This happened on Sunday morning

Posts: 6 | From: India | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi njcoutinho, and welcome to Scarleteen!

This is a very comprehensive article of ours on pregnancy risk that should answer your question:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/pregnancy_scared

You say you know you're being paranoid- if after you read the article, you are still feeling or unsure, you can let us know

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njcoutinho
Neophyte
Member # 100662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njcoutinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Claire Thanks alot .I guess this was first time jitters.
Posts: 6 | From: India | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njcoutinho
Neophyte
Member # 100662

Hey Claire how effective is using Safe Days and Is it safe 2 days after a period ?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There isn't really any such thing as a "safe day." If you're having the kinds of sex that can create a pregnancy, there will always be some risk, and just counting days isn't a reliable way to know when ovulation happens, because it isn't the same for every woman.

However, given that you used a condom, spermicide, and the withdrawal method, it's not really relevant anyways, because you are well protected from pregnancy using those methods.

Does that make sense?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5758 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.