Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » The Big One

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Big One
Christopher McCandless
Neophyte
Member # 100610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christopher McCandless     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the story. My girlfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year. We are very much in love and have what I think to be an excellent sex life. We try new positions, have a lot of fun, and each session lasts a very decent amount of time. The only trouble is, she has never had an orgasm during penetration. I have no trouble at all getter her off through manual and oral stimulation, and am sure to make her orgasm each time we have sex. Recently, she's been worrying as to why she cannot have an orgasm without oral or manual stimulation. According to her, "all of her friends" can do it and it happens to them quite frequently. She is getting very upset about it and I fear that it may possibly hurt our sex life. I am very confused as to what to do; I have tried several new positions and read all sorts of content as to ways to bring about an orgasm during penetration. I feel my size and stamina is more than adequate.

Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 3 | From: The World | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has she or you read anything like this yet which explains that the vast majority of women do NOT reach orgasm through intercourse alone?

The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum

In other words, what's most likely is that her friends aren't being honest, or don't achieve orgasm to know that's not what's happening from intercourse alone. Less likely, but still possible, is that all of her friends who have said they do all happen to be part of the minority of women who CAN reach orgasm via intercourse alone.

But even if the latter is true, the fact is that your girlfriend sounds to be in the majority here, and there's nothing wrong with her. (Or you, or likely anything you're doing.) Nor is this probably something that can be changed for her via you doing something differently, save perhaps adding something like manual stimulation TO intercourse so she can reach orgasm during intercourse that way.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just FYI, I presume Christopher McCandless isn't your real name since it's the name of someone deceased with some notoriety, but in the case it IS your legal name, we ask in the user registration, for your privacy, that users please choose handles that don't personally identify them. If you need to change yours so it doesn't, you can do that by clicking "my profile" in the top right corner of the main forum page.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.