Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Can you get pregnant by this ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you get pregnant by this ?
Bbk2k11
Neophyte
Member # 100578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bbk2k11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and this guy were fooling around and things got heated and he started rubbing himself against my vagina. I was already wet and I'm afraid that pre cum could make me pregnant ? I was on one of my fertile days when this happen because I just got off of birth control. I told him to stop within a minute
Posts: 38 | From: N/a | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bbk2k11 and welcome to Scarleteen!

Could you please take a few minutes to read this article that covers what kinds of situations do and do not pose a pregnancy risk?

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/pregnancy_scared

If you have any other/additional questions you feel were not answered by the article or if you feel there is a reason your situation differs from those talked about, feel free to let us know and we'll talk about why that is! mmkay? [Smile]

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bbk2k11
Neophyte
Member # 100578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bbk2k11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This article did not answer my question.
Posts: 38 | From: N/a | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the article explains, direct genital-to-genital contact between a vulva (outside of the vagina) or vagina and a penis can be a risk for pregnancy when both the vulva and penis are bare. So, if neither you or your partner were wearing any clothes, then what you describe would be considered a pregnancy risk.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bbk2k11
Neophyte
Member # 100578

Does it matter if you took a shower after. I heard that if the guy has pre ejaculation it cannot contain sperm unless he masturbated or had sex beforehand and did not urinate ?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, taking a shower afterwards does not affect whether there was a pregnancy risk or not, no matter what the sexual activity was.

Pre-ejaculate in itself does not contain sperm, but it can pick up sperm as it moves through the urethra if there has been a recent ejaculation. Contact between bare genitals without ejaculation from a penis has a smaller risk of pregnancy than it would with ejaculation, but there is still a risk with bare penis-vulva contact.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bbk2k11
Neophyte
Member # 100578

Okay thanks!! I have a question but I don't want to ask it on here is there a possible way to message in private
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you want to text the question to our anonymous texting service? You text the keyword ASKST to 66746, and then ask your question.
Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bbk2k11
Neophyte
Member # 100578

How long does it take for a reply back ?
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

It depends- it's pretty much the same people who are answering questions here, but we get to everything when we can. If your question is obviously important and/or an emergency or crisis of some kind, you will receive a quicker answer via the texting service.
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

May I ask why you're worried about sharing your question on the boards, though?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.