Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Snot Discharge?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snot Discharge?
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/honorably_discharged_a_guide_to_vaginal_secretions

and I have some questions to normal and not normal discharge.

I was in the shower and washing my normal things I do, whipped my crotch and looked at my hand, clumps of white crap. So I run my finger on the outside and same thing. I stuck my finger inside and a lot of white stringy discharge came out. It wasn't clumpy inside it was, it looked like snot but white. There wasn't any smell besides the normal vagina smell I have. I kept doing that hoping I can clean it out. It never stopped. I even pushed down to get it all out, more just came. I just stopped because there was no way I would get it out. I have no pain whatsoever in my vagina.

Is this normal? I mean some of it was clumpy but it was more stringy and like snot looking. At this point I'm not sure when my period is expected to come, since some weird crap happened last month.

My periods were fine and I got my regular period at the beginning of October 12-14 then I bleed again October 28th and it ended the morning of 29th (I may have started the night of 27th don't remember I remember the 28th being on it clearly) and I had left on the 29th to see my grandma and there wasn't any bleeding.

My doctor is running a load of tests for me so at the moment I'm just waiting for the tests I got done the other day, then need to get more done in 3 weeks. Being checked for Pregnancy. I'm being checked for stomach ulcers by blood work and Ovarian cysts from a ultrasound.

I guess, is it normal to have so much discharge come out so fast and I wasn't aroused.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes we just get a lot of discharge. One of the functions of vaginal secretions is to clean the vagina. Vaginas are kind of cool like that, in that they're mostly self-cleaning.

So, nothing that you've described here sounds worrisome, and since you are under a doctor's care at this point you can just mention it to them when you go in for your next appointment.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Thank You.

Was just wondering.

Posts: 517 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alergnon
Activist
Member # 93204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alergnon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to let you guys know that I went to the hospital (which I was kicking myself over) due to increased pain and my doctor was booked solid Monday, and the pain just increased. The doctor there said all my blood work came back good. He wrote a recommendation for my doctor. From there, my doctor ordered a blood test to determine if I have a bacterial infection in my stomach causing ulcers. If that is the case she will write me a script. I'm getting the blood work done tomorrow sometime.
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear you are getting the medical care you need! We wish you all the best with this.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.