Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » 3 negative tests could i still be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 negative tests could i still be pregnant?
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my period last month around the 24th when it was suppose to be on the 28th. It was heavy for 2 days then the rest were pretty much just brownish and almost gone. It freaked me out.
I took one clear blue digital pregnancy test when it was almost done (26th) and it was negative. I took a test on the 28th when it was suppose to come and it was also negative.
My boyfriend and I just dried humped and I performed manual and oral but I was fully clothed at all times. So was he when we were grinding.

I took a test this Tuesday that just passed and it was also negative. I peed on the test and took it and it looked like I didn't pee enough so I peed a little bit more, set it on the counter like required and waited.
Could this have caused my test to alter?
Stupid questions but I am worried.

Am I just stressing out? Us dry humping and stuff happened around late October so.. IF I WAS to be pregnant, it would def show up on the tests, right?
Please help! [Smile]

Posts: 26 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

Having a period come a few days earlier than usual, and having the flow be different than usual, is not anything to be alarmed about. Periods are, for most people, going to vary in one way or another at different times.

per your pregnancy concerns, how about you take a look at this article:

Pregnancy Scared?

Does this help?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robin! Thank you for answering [Smile]
and that article did help because I only performed manual and oral sex which doesn't cause pregnancy. [Smile]

BUT, per my last question, I peed on the test and took it and it looked like I didn't pee enough so I peed a little bit more, set it on the counter like required and waited.
Could this have caused my test to alter?

Posts: 26 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really not sure if that could have altered the test, but you had two negative tests before that one, a period, and you didn't have a pregnancy risk in the first place so it's safe to say you're not pregnant. [Smile]

Each pregnancy test will have specific instructions on how to take it, so as long as you follow those, you'll be fine. If you're ever unsure in future, the package a test comes in always has a phone number on it you can call to ask questions about how to take the test, how to read it, etc.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

How can I make sure that was an actual period, Robin? I also heard about implantation bleeding. [Frown]
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Implantation bleeding is rare; it's also just a short time of light spotting.

Your period came when you were expecting a period--albeit a little early, but as I already said, that's something that can and does happen with menstruation.

Wondering if it was implantation bleeding is a nonissue though, since, as you've already determined, there was no pregnancy risk in the first place.

--------------------
Robin

mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Thank you, Robin! I appreciate it much and hopefully I get when it's expected! You cleared my worries, thank you! <3
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.