Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Birth control questions (again, surprise!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth control questions (again, surprise!)
amy_the_artist
Neophyte
Member # 93671

Icon 5 posted      Profile for amy_the_artist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So. I was taking my pill, last night, like normal, but it sort of landed on the middle of my tongue, instead of the back right were my throat starts. It felt like it got a little stuck there, and I kind of scraped my tongue on the top of my mouth to get it to go down, and I feel like it did, and I drank a bunch afterwards, so do I have to worry about missing a dose? What happens if it dissolves a little in your mouth? It all ended up in my stomach one way or another. How, exactly, does the pill work? Is it a time release thing, in your stomach, or does it hang out in your bloodstream? That part's just curiosity about the sciencey-bit. Thanks!
Posts: 37 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI There,

No, you don't have to worry about a missed dose. You swallowed it, just a little more slowly than usual.

The birth control pill, so far as I know, is not time released. I don't know much about the science of it though.

That's probably something you could research if you were interested.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amy_the_artist
Neophyte
Member # 93671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amy_the_artist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! Good to know.
Posts: 37 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.