Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confused about pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused about pregnancy risk?
Mggk
Neophyte
Member # 100260

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mggk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of worried and I need to ease my mind.
The first day of my last period was October 26 . My bf and I had sex once on November 10 and he pulled out. On November 12 my breasts got sore and normally they don't get sore until about 7 days before my next period. Is this normal or should I be worried? Could I be pregnant?
Please someone explain to me what's going on as this is very strange.

Posts: 1 | From: Lebanon | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Withdrawal (pulling out before ejaculation) is about 73% effective with typical use. So, you did use a method of contraception, but you used the least effective one and did have a pregnancy risk.

However, at not even a week after a risk, it is way too soon for you to experience any sort of symptoms of pregnancy.

I'd not worry about this right now. Some variation is totally normal. Should your period turn out to be late this cycle, however, you can then take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.