Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Very anxious...could I be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very anxious...could I be pregnant?
HappyPanda200
Neophyte
Member # 100755

Icon 9 posted      Profile for HappyPanda200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So me and my boyfriend are fairly sexually active and we are always safe (as in always use condoms) but just recently we weren't as safe as we could have been. Before we actually put on a condom he went in halfway briefly then pulled out. I'm usually the one who puts on the condom, and this time I did right after touching him, so I'm not sure if I had pre-cum on my hands or not when I put it on. Could that cause pregnancy? Also it was one of those days where we decided to go at it more then once in a row, so once again the cycle of me putting a condom on him right after touching him happened, and then a few for times over the course of the next few hours. It's been about 2 weeks since then and I'm about 5 days late for my period. I was experiencing the normal symptoms you get before you get your period, but I haven't gotten it yet and I know that those symptoms are very similar to pregnancy symptoms (tender breasts, mood swings, etc.)so I was wondering if there was any way that I could be pregnant from this. I haven't taken a test yet, but I'm planning on it. Advice please [Confused]
Posts: 1 | From: Colorado | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi HappyPanda,

Please read through this post first if you haven't already: Asking About a Pregnancy Risk?

Although pre-cum generally only contains small amounts of sperm, if you've not been using condoms correctly and are missing your period, taking a test is a great idea.

It's really important that, in order to have maximum effectiveness, condoms are used properly and before any genital contact occurs. This isn't just important for preventing pregnancy, but also for stopping the spread of STIs. If you and your partner haven't been tested for STIs, especially if you're going to engage in risky sex, you might want to look into that too.

Here is a really great guide to using condoms: Condom Basics: A User's Manual

You can read more about the risks associated with pre-cum here: Can Pre-ejaculate cause pregnancy?

I hope that helps, and let us know how you go [Smile]

Cheers,

Marion

[ 11-28-2012, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: smittenkitten ]

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.