Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » What exactly is IMPLANTATION BLEEDING? Could I possibly be pregnant? PLEASE red!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What exactly is IMPLANTATION BLEEDING? Could I possibly be pregnant? PLEASE red!
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone [Smile]
My name is Maria and I'm actually pretty new to this site, I just heard about it today! So, I'm hoping to read some nice answers on this question that I have. It's pretty lengthy, but I'm hoping people take the time out to read it!

Let's start off, my periods are usually very consistent with their dates. Every now and then they will change. These past few months, it has been coming on the 28th. This month, it came FOUR days early, (24) and the first two days were normal bleeding and I had such a backache, it was horrible. Third day, it was this brownish color, almost like old blood I guess? It became less the fourth and fifth day. My period usually does last five-six days but it seems to me like it all ended way too quick!

This DOES concern me because I do have a loyal boyfriend of 5 months. WE DO NOT have sex but I do perform oral and manual sex. I was fully clothes when this happened last month and the few times this month. We also did have "dry sex" but again, fully clothes and he says he was never about to ejaculate.

I took two pregnancy tests and both were negative. I called Plan Parenthood and they were all very busy and mean when I called.

Could this have been IMPLANTATION BLEEDING? Can someone give me specific information about that?

Should I stop worrying about this? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm WORRIED and STRESSING! [Confused] [Frown]

Posts: 26 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Maria. [Smile]

Have you started by taking a look at this thread about it posted at the top of this forum?

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/023303.html

If that doesn't answer your questions, give a holler. (Just be aware that we're about to take a board break for a week, starting in a few hours.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mariajose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That actually did help a lot! Thank you! [Smile]
But do you have any idea why my period came maybe 4 days earlier?
And do you think I could be pregnant?

Posts: 26 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's actually pretty common for menstrual cycles to deviate by a few days fairly often: more common than them NOT doing so.

Also, regular periods don't actually tend to happen on the same dates of each month, mostly because there aren't the same number of days in each month. If that made you go, "Huh?" check this out: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/my_period_is_late_or_is_it

So, it might be your period isn't late at all, or, if it has been coming on the 28th for many months, that it's never actually been regular. The right way to chart periods is to count the number of days in each cycle, rather than just the dates they happen on. Knowing the number of days in each cycle is how we can find out how regular (or not) periods are.

In terms of whether or not you could be pregnant, manual and oral sex don't pose pregnancy risks. For more, take a look here: Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Hmm, I think the post you sent me is for when my period might be late!
But, I'm wondering why it came four days early and why it was normal for two days and then the other three just brownish looking?
That's why I thought it was implantation, because it turned brown and not bright red towards the end of it! I finished yesterday :/

Heather
Member # 3

Like I said, I'm not sure it DID come four days early per your cycle times.

But for sure, our menstrual flow doesn't always look the same every cycle. Sometimes it's thinner, other times thicker, sometimes more red, other times more brown.

but really, what you already know is that a) you didn't do anything that can create a pregnancy to begin with, and b) you have negative pregnancy tests that make clear you're not pregnant.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

mariajose
Neophyte
Member # 100771

Ahh, I didn't read your earlier reply correctly! This is what panic does to you, haha. [Smile]

But thank you so much, Heather! I really appreciate your reply, especially since this was super quick.
I can finally stop worrying and be happy again, this site is the best and thank you so much for everything! Glad I can talk to SOMEONE and get a good answer back. :]

Thank you! [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

It can certainly scramble our brains, that's for sure. [Smile]

You're very welcome. Glad to hear you were able to get what you needed.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.