Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Ugh :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ugh :(
srk20
Activist
Member # 59241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for srk20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it finally happened. I've been posting what it's about sperm on toilet seats for so long now and it finally just happened to me. I heard my brother in the bathroom playing music while I waited outside to use it. When I knocked on the door he stopped music and said he would be out soon. I went in after him and when I looked around I saw that all on the items that sit on top of the toilet had been moved. I looked down at the seat and there it was, gloppy looking white fluid. I freaked out and immediately wiped it off with tissue. I then went and got Clorox disinfectant wipes to wipe down the seat surface. After doing that I washed my hands with soap and water before I sat down and used it, but I don't remember if I dried them- I then grabbed a baby wipe with the same hands. Were the Clorox wipes good enough to kill the sperm on the seat, and was my hand washing with soap enough to get rid of any on my hands even if I didn't dry? Im freakinng out cuz i never though it would actually happen and it did and I saw it with my own eyes

[ 11-06-2012, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: srk20 ]

Posts: 197 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI SRK20,

The answers that we've given you in the past are the same. [Smile] Sperm just doesn't transfer from toilet seats to inside us, or from our hands to inside us, to create a pregnancy. You followed excellent procedures for cleanliness, so kudos to you for that.

How do you feel about mentioning to your brother that he left a mess in the bathroom and you didn't like having to clean it up?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
srk20
Activist
Member # 59241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for srk20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I didn't feel comfortable talking to him face to face about what I found so I texted him saying there was liquid all over the seat and to please be cautious to clean it up next time.

As a follow up- 1) I feel like now ill be paranoid but I can't use a disinfectant wipe every time I use the toilet, that would get costly very quickly. Can I instead just use a paper towel to wipe down the seat? Will this kill/ remove any sperm that might be left on there?

And 2) was my hand washing with soap enough? I've read in so many places that you must wash with detergent to accurately kill sperm and that some mom detergent soaps don't do the Job and that you must dry your hands after. I didn't dry my hands after washing them with soap :/ is there a possibility that when I went to wipe my vulva with the baby wipe that some left over sperm could've transferred from my hand to the wipe onto the my Vulva? I also have a feeling that when I was wiping myself, the side of my hand may have directly rubbed my vulva- do either of these scenarios cause a risk?

Posts: 197 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As an answer to these questions, how about you take a look at these articles first?

Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

The Simple And Underrated Art Of Washing Your Hands

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
srk20
Activist
Member # 59241

I read all the articles and finally felt satisfied so I didn't come back to ask any more questions.. Until now :/ because it happened again! Even after I spoke him about making sure he cleans up. I went in to the barhroom after him yesterday and saw the same, a laptop on the side and the same sperm fluid on the seat. This time I don't know why, but I wasn't as careful about the clean up. I just grabbed some one ply toilet paper and wiped down the seat. I guess I didn't do too great of a job because when I sat down I felt wetness on my butt and thighs (the locations that touch the seat when you sit). I got up and grabbed some toilet paper to wipe myself but after I was done I got scared that somehow I could've spread the toilet paper back to where the sperm may have been on my butt, and then wiped forward. Since I didn't clean the sperm dry would wiping it down a little bit or moving it around the seat be enough to destroy it and prevent it from being viable? I know that this experience is so strange but I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with it.
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
srk20; We have gone through this with you many times before, and we really do need to stick with that.

You'll find all the answers you need about whether actual semen all over a toilet seat is a risk here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

I know it doesn't say anything about semen on toilet seats, but it does talk about semen on hands. So, the situation would be exactly the same for semen on hands being transfered to a vulva as semen on a toilet seat being transfered to a vulva.

[ 11-14-2012, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Did you also mention to your brother again that the toilet was a mess?

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.