Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is this a pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is this a pregnancy risk?
pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

Icon 4 posted      Profile for pinkdiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello! on the 13 october, my boyfriend and i were playing a fool. So basically he was fingering me. i dont know if he touched himself before touching me, but what if he fingered me after touching his precum. ( he fingered me deeply) does this pose as a pregnacy risk? also, a while back, we were kissing. we were wearing clothes but the thing is that, i was standing in front of him where my vagina was pressing against his crotch. it made me wonder if sperm could pass through our clothes and get me pregnant. i have read pregnancy scared and the risk. but im a very paranoid person. oh and one more thing, im really curious, because i have read sites which say that if you blow a guy, and he kisses you, and then licks your vagina, there is a risk of pregnancy. is this true?
PS: my period ended on the 13 october. my period is supposed to arrive yesterday, but it did not come. im fifteen by the way. thanks a million for your help. may god bless you!(:

SUMMARY:
1. our genitals were not in contact
2. there was no ejeculation.

Posts: 8 | From: Singapore | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, pinkdiamonds.

Since you list exactly the things we make clear at the end are the only things that DO pose pregnancy risks, were you able to first read through this thread linked at the top of this forum before posting your question?

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/027786.html

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkdiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you for the fast reply. yes, i have already read them. i have one question. i know in 'Pregnancy Scared' , you stated that manual sex does not pose as a pregnancy risk. but you did not state that if the person has precum/ejeculation on his hands and fingered you, is it a pregnancy risk. thank you for taking your time to read and respond to my questions.
Posts: 8 | From: Singapore | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like we explain in that piece, and in that link -- and the l;inks inside it -- I gave you, what you're talking about with a situation like that is INdirect contact with semen. And not even with full ejaculate, but with pre-ejacute.

So, no: in that situation, while there are risks of infection, pregnancy is NOT a risk that is at all likely to present.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkdiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so even if he touched semen and immediately fingered me, there is no chances? oh and, could it be that i blew him, and some sperm were on my mouth, and he kissed me and licked me? is it possible too?
Heather
Member # 3

We really can't say there is NO chance, no.

But what we can say is that it is very, very unlikely, unlikely enough we wouldn't consider it a real risk.

But in the future, both those things you have talked about DO pose risks of sexually transmitted infection, so it's ideal to a) have a partner wash their hands before touching your genitals, every time, and b) to use a condom for oral sex. Then when you do both those things, you also don't have to worry about worrying about pregnancy, either.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

thank you. can i ask you two more questions? how likely is it
to get pregnant from doing such things if it happened on the last day of my period , if i have a 30 day cycle. & apart from having anal or vaginal intercourse, it is quite unlikely to get pregnant right? thank you, i feel like a bother, but im really paranoid and afraid.

Heather
Member # 3

Happy to answer more questions for you. [Smile]

In term,s of how the possibility of pregnancy works with when someone's period is, that's not something we can answer without knowing some serious details about the individual person's fertility cycles, much more than just when their period was.

If we were talking about the kinds of things that DO pose real risks of pregnancy, for some people -- namely those who ovulate earlier in their cycles -- that timing could make pregnancy more likely, while for others who ovulate later on, pregnancy would be unlikely then.

In this case, you're not describing things that pose real risks of pregnancy in the first place, but even if we were, to answer that for you, or make some estimate, you'd have to chart your cervical mucus and/or basal temperature daily, and have done so over time, for us to say anything but a "maybe, maybe not."

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

then sperm only last for a couple of days in a woman's body, am i right to say this?
Heather
Member # 3

Just a reminder: this isn't what happened here, as you make clear your partner did not ejaculate.

But, for information's sake, sperm cells that DO wind up in the vagina, then into the cervix, can last, as we understand it with the data we have so far, as long as around five days.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

yeah, he did not ejeculate. but im just afraid that he precame and had sperm in it. then when he fingered me, there were sperm in those hands and it went up my body ):
Heather
Member # 3

Most of the time, preejaculate is NOT known to have sperm cells in it, or not enough to create a pregnancy, particularly given a) if there are any, they are trace cells, and b) they really need the fluid involved in a full ejaculation to likely result in a pregnancy.

And once again, you're still talking about indirect contact here, so once more, this really is not something you need to worry about per pregnancy. Per infections? yes. I'd strongly suggest you change these habits. But not b/c of pregnancy risks, save that if you change them to involve safer sex, you then get to not worry like this.

So: once more, I'll tell you I do NOT see a cause for concern about pregnancy here. that given, why don't you go walk away from this for a night or more, do some things to get your mind off of it. If you're still worried tomorrow, feel free to check in and we'll see if we can't get to what's under this worrying for you, okay? [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

can the sperm's fluid be replaced with woman's cervical mucus? can the sperm cell swim in infertile mucus? yeah, during my ovulation period in october, around 26 october, i had urinary tract infection which actually, could be a cause of him not washing hands. so could UTI affect my period or the antibiotics?
Heather
Member # 3

If you're asking if the fluid (semen) sperm cells are brought through the penis with is interchanageable with vaginal fluids, then no, it very much is not. BOTH fluids are needed.

For sure, not washing hands before manual sex can be an easy way to wind up with a UTI. And yes, any kind of illness, or a round of antibiotics, is something that can impact the menstrual cycle.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

pinkdiamonds
Neophyte
Member # 99381

thank you very much for your time. greatly appreciated! (: thanks, Heather! ♡
Heather
Member # 3

Happy to help. [Smile]

You let me know if you're not feeling better about this tomorrow. Happy to talk more if you need to.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.