Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Kinda really really scared. Can someone help me out with this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kinda really really scared. Can someone help me out with this?
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrestomomentum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so this year, i've started to get intimate with my boyfriend. However, i'm a little scared about my current situation. Okay, so i read a lot of the articles on here and i'm not exactly sure if they quite fit my situation. See, i've never had sex, but i have gotten naked with my boyfriend quite a few times, and all he's done is finger me, but he has gotten himself off before me (usually). Okay so, it all started back in august when it was the first time we did stuff together. We did have genital to genital contact (not sex), and it did occur to us to use emergency contraception. However, my country doesnt sell plan b pills, but instead, i took four birth control pills in the dosage that one would use EC (a government website said that it was okay to do so). Afterwards, i did get my period (usually heavy) but then around a week after that period finished, i got a second period. It lasted a few days, but without clots, and i think that came from the EC. In september, we did stuff together a few more times, again, all naked but more careful, and again, i took EC, but sometimes i couldnt take how nauseous i would get after the first dose, so i wouldnt take the second dose. At some point, i was extremely stressed, nonstop worrying about the possibility of being pregnant, and school at the same time. It got worse when my period was around five or six days late, and it looked weird. Not like spotting, but i started off with it, and then it became a flow. But i thought it was significantly lighter than my regular period. Oh yeah, and before that period, i took a HPT, it said negative, but i couldnt get myself to believe it, though, and then i began again with the nonstop worrying. At some point i thought i was pregnant because i would wake up nauseous and i would pee alot more, and with that, i continued to scare myself.

In october, i did not have any sexual contact. The most me and my boyfriend would do was make out and i would just watch him masturbate, and we had clothes on so it was all good. But since october is usually when my vacation is, i COULD NOT stop worrying. On october 13th, i had taken another pregnancy test. Again, negative. But when the break started, i scared myself and worried myself sick thatagain, i would wake up nauseous, stressed, and whenever i worried myself, i would get nauseous and fatigued.. And when i'd get nauseated and fatigued, i would scare myself to death somehow convincing myself that i was pregnant. It got so bad that i started stressing out and i couldnt sweat or cry one night no matter how much i tried. I got a fever because i got dehydrated and the day i got that fever, i had a period, but it was just as weird as the last one. On the last few days of that period, what would come out was brown and pink discharge, but the first couple of days were just like a regular period, but less clots. And yet again, even after that period, i scared myself again.

So now i'm back in school, but the first few days, i just kept worrying. I somehow convinced myself i was pregnant. I would wake up nauseous, i would be nauseated at times of the day, and i think i became quite depressive. And i felt more anxious because i began to take everything going on with my body as a sign of pregnancy.

A couple of days ago, i took a pregnancy test, and it said negative and for a couple of hours, that kept me more relaxed. That day, i did not feel nauseous, i was assured that inwas not pregnant, but when i came back to look at my test after about six hours, a second line appeared on it, (it wasnt colored; sort of highlighted the antibody strip with colorless substance) and i took it really hard to the point that i became nauseous almost immediately even if i knew that it was an evaporation line. At this point, do you guys think that im pregnant? Yeah, that's a stupid question but still. Cant be too sure.

So now, i've been feeling nauseous from worrying a lot, and my pelvis would have this sort of pinching feeling occassionally.

Last night, me and my boyfriend decided to give manual sex and dry sex another chance. This time, we took the extra measures. He would pleasure me first, i would be naked and he would have basketball shorts and underwear on, and when it was his turn, i would have boxer shorts and underwear on. Okay, so im not scared i could get pregnant from fingering, but i'm kinda scared that i could get pregnant from dry humping with only one of us at a time with clothes on. After everything was over, i took both doses of EC. How likely is it that i could get pregnant from this situation?

Im sorry if this is TMI, and quite long, but i just really need advice.

--------------------
Wiz the Wizard! with a possible mental problem

Posts: 52 | From: Philippines | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI arrestomomentum,

So long as there is a layer of clothing between your genitals when they touch, there is no risk of pregnancy.

The differences in the flow of your periods has most likely been from the emergency contraception you've been taking, and also from stress. It's amazing how our bodies respond to stress.

pregnancy tests are meant to be read when they're taken, so whatever it looked like 6 hours later isn't significant at all.

It sounds, though, like the trick here is to get to the bottom of this worrying. Are there other things in your life that you're worried about right now? How are things going in your relationship? Would you like to talk some about what has you so worried about getting pregnant? IN other words, what would getting pregnant mean for you?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arrestomomentum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait-- can stress make your body sort of mimic pregnancy symptoms? Or do stress and pregnancy do similar things? Or if i convinced myself that i was pregnant, would my body follow what my mind was doing?

I actually had myself checked out by the school doctor and she thinks i could be pregnant (even if, in my head, it sounds pretty ridiculous) and she wasn't much help. She referred me to a psychologist, but no reply. This only added to my nonstop worrying.

--------------------

Posts: 52 | From: Philippines | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the doctor conduct a pregnancy test? Without a pregnancy test no one, not a doctor, not anyone, can say if you're pregnant.

A lot of the symptoms that people experience when they're pregnant are also things people experience for a whole host of other reasons. IN other words, there are very few things that people experience while pregnant that people who aren't pregnant experience for other reasons.

This is explained further in this article:

Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

No, she did not. (School clinic) at first she said that i wasnt pregnant for the reasons: i have never had sex, i had periods, and my HPTs were negative even after 4 weeks after what me and my boyfriend did.

And then all of a sudden she suggested that i get an ultrasound and said that i could be pregnant after what i just described to her. She also kind of has a really bad reputation with my friends because she said my friend was pregnant, when it was jus a stomach ache and she said my other friend who had a common cold had swine flu. Soooo if that matters........

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Well, all the reasons you mentioned do indicate that you're not pregnant. sounds like something a little strange is going on with this doctor, though I couldn't even begin to guess what it is.

Did you have a chance to read the article? If so, what do you think after reading it?

--------------------
Robin

arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Yes, i did read the article, but what scared me is that i had gone through most of the symptoms and there's that voice in the back of my head that keeps telling me, what if i really am pregnant and didnt know about it?

I've been so scared and i've been trying to get rid of fear from being more intimate, but i'm always so scared that i convinced myself i'm pregnant. Do you think this is just all in my head?

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

It's generally not possible to be pregnant and not know about it.

Perhaps you could talk some about where this worry stems from? How are things with your relationship? With life in general? How do you feel about becoming more intimate with your boyfriend?

--------------------
Robin

arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

I'm actually quite haunted by the number of people i know (currently) who have gotten pregnant at an undesirable age. That feeling when you think that "you're next" doesn't help either. It's reached the extent that these people are sexualy active and do have actual penetrative intercourse doesn't comfort me at all.

It's really all about if ever the worst happens, i'm going to have to face it myself without help.

Anyway, can constant uncontrollable worrying cause persistent nausea? And are there any cases like mine who have actually gotten pregnant?

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Yes, lots of people who feel worried or stress experience nausea.

I have never heard of anyone getting pregnant from the activities you described above.

I can understand that feeling of dread seeing other people you know getting pregnant when they're not ready for it, but I promise you that pregnancy is not catching. [Smile]

Can you say more about how if you ever did get pregnant you wouldn't have any help?

--------------------
Robin

arrestomomentum
Activist
Member # 98264

Even if the guy has semen on his hand, would someone still be able to get pregnant that way? Is it a big chance that could happen?

God forbid i did get pregnant: i would have to go through it alone, the bills would be on my shoulders, i'd still have to go to school, etc.

Right now it's hard enough seeing a gynecologist to finally ease my mind because a) i can see one alone when im 18 (im not eighteen till feb.) and b) lack of funds. This episode is driving me crazy!!

--------------------

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(What I can tell you, is that for manual sex (sex with hands) to be a pregnancy risk, there would have to be very fresh ejaculate (as in, just came from your partners body a minute ago) all over your partners hands, which you both would have seen, as a little bit doesn't matter at all - it would have to be all over).

[ 11-14-2012, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI arrestomomentum,

When you say you can't see the gynecologist alone, do you mean that your family won't let you, or that you're legally not allowed to?

Having read the articles here and talked with us, does it make sense that getting your period, and having pregnancy tests come back as negative, would indicate that you're not pregnant?

I think the key here is to find a way to help you stop worrying. What do you think?

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.