Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Just wondering

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just wondering
Teeny56943
Neophyte
Member # 43034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teeny56943         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. I know I previously stopped using this username in the past but it was the only one I could find login information for, so I'm hoping I can just stick with using this one. My question is this - how do you know if you've been drugged? I was at a party the other night and remember finishing my last drink them leaving with some girl friends and getting home. Then I had to take a pet outside which I think I remember doing but I'm not sure. I also think I remember falling asleep that night but I'm not sure. Anyways I woke up in my own room alone the next morning with the pet in its crate feeling very worn out. And I was just kind of dragging most of the day. I didn't feel like I had sex or anything I just felt very tired the next morning and into the day (given I only had about 6 hours of sleep). Is this what being drugged feels like? Thanks.
Posts: 34 | From: New york | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Teeny, if you normally use another name, can you let us know what it is? We like to be able to keep track of a user's posting history, it helps us give better replies if we know the history.)

Do you have any reason to suspect you were drugged? What kind of a party was it, and who were you there with?

It's not terribly unusual to fall asleep quickly after a night of partying, and to feel a bit worn out the next day, so from that alone I'd not assume you've been drugged.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teeny56943
Neophyte
Member # 43034

Usually dorey56 so I'm very sorry this is another one but I couldn't find my password to my last one. But thanks for your reply. I was with friends at the party but there were also plenty of people there I didn't know but other than missing a small piece of memory ad feeling run down the next day I didn't have any other symptoms. And because I ended up back in my own room I can assume I wasn't drugged? Thanks.
Posts: 34 | From: New york | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, I see no reason to assume that you were drugged. Being tired the day after a party is, well, fairly standard.

Plus, most drugs that can be used to spike drinks work pretty quickly, and leave big holes in your memory. So since you made it home just fine and your memory is, at most, a bit fuzzy, it doesn't sound like you have anything to be concerned about.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teeny56943
Neophyte
Member # 43034

Great thank you so much. Sorry if its a dumb question I just have very limited knowledge on the subject. I appreciate your reassurance.
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thing, Teeny- were you perhaps drunk at the time you left the party- or do you think your final drink have put you into a realm of intoxication? It is possible that you do not remember a period of time due to a brownout or blackout, which can sometimes happen in relation to a certain high level of intoxication.

The kind of drugs you are talking about (such as Rohypnol, etc.) often affect the body in more ways than merely feeling tired for a single day. Physical exhaustion is definitely a sign, but it is often more extreme a feeling, and lasts longer- even several days. Other signs include nausea, and having difficulty moving your limbs around as you are normally able to do. Some have described it as an experience not unlike a hangover- but a really intense one that continues on over days.

As Joey said, just "feeling draggy" for a day following a party is pretty normal.

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.