Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Masturbation Overwhelming, Too Intense

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation Overwhelming, Too Intense
ricecakepanda
Neophyte
Member # 96141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ricecakepanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been having sex for a little while now, but have never experienced orgasm, so I decided to buy a vibrator and try to stimulate myself to get practice. I've tried using it, but it's difficult to get myself all the way to orgasm because it's such an overwhelming feeling that I have to stop. I'm not even sure that it feels good, exactly--I think it probably does, under all the intensity, but the intensity is just so much that it's hard to focus on the pleasure. Pretty much what I'm doing is pressing the vibrator against my clitoris and going through various levels of vibration. Using lube helped a little, but I'm still having a similar issue. Is this really what it's supposed to feel like?

--------------------
ricecakepanda

Posts: 5 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ricecakepanda,

No, it's not supposed to feel uncomfortable. [Smile]

Vibrators aren't enjoyable for everyone. Some people do find, as you're describing, that they're too intense.

There are actually a lot of different ways people masturbate, so you could experiment with some alternatives and see if they're more pleasurable.

There are some ideas and perspectives in this article: How Do You Masturbate?

When you say you've been having sex but haven't been able to reach orgasm, are you talking about sexual intercourse specifically or partnered sexual activity in general? Many women find that intercourse by itself doesn't lead to orgasm, so they engage in other sexual activities with their partners, incorporate clitoral stimulation into intercourse, or both.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricecakepanda
Neophyte
Member # 96141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ricecakepanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much Robin! I have tried other tactics, some of which are listed in the article you linked, but haven't found them to be effective enough to get me to reach orgasm. A vibrator has been the most effective way to get me to feel something, but now it seems that I can't deal with that feeling.

I mean sexual intercourse specifically. I've tried guiding my partner to my clitoris, for example, but he doesn't really seem to get it....

--------------------
ricecakepanda

Posts: 5 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also possible that the particular vibrator is simply too strong for you. Vibrators come in different intensities. One thing you could do is go back to the store where you bought it, and ask the sales person if they can recommend a vibrator that's a bit less intense than the one you have now.

As for partnered sex, how do you feel with manual or oral sex? Have you given those a try? How does that stimulation work for you?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ricecakepanda,

I'm not quite clear on whether you're saying you have been able to orgasm before, with or without a partner, or whether your question now is simply that you have not experienced a vaginal orgasm during partnered penis-vagina sex.

BUT regardless, I just wanted to note, that if your question is about the last one, as Robin mentioned, only around 30% of women can orgasm from partnered penis-vagina sex alone. When you say you've "tried guiding" your partner to your clitoris, have you explicitly told him what the deal is and/or what you would like him to do?

Many people (especially many males, it seems) think it is the norm for women to vaginally orgasm- that's pretty much what we see in all magazines, movies, etc. If you want him to stimulate you in other ways during sexual intercourse, you may have to directly communicate this desire to him, and maybe explain the real 30% vs 70% deal if he is confused.

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricecakepanda
Neophyte
Member # 96141

I haven't experimented very much with manual/oral sex, and to clarify I mean I have never experienced an orgasm before.

It sounds like I should try finding a less intense vibrator/being more explicit with my partner about the deal with my clitoris/experimenting with oral sex or something different? Thank you for all of the advice!

--------------------
ricecakepanda

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep! There is no one-size-fits-all approach to sex, and especially if you are new to things, the key to finding what works best for you is trial and error. And that's half the fun anyway!

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9166 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.