Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » True? or False?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: True? or False?
soccer06
Activist
Member # 92108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccer06         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was taking a look at this article online and was wondering if their statements about "the pill" are true. Thanks!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,366741,00.html

Posts: 140 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are right in saying that pill failures are usually due to user error such as missing a pill or not taking them as directed.

Alcohol, on the other hand, doesn't biologically affect the pill. However, if you're too drunk to remember your pill, or vomit shortly after taking the pill, that might of course impact your protection.

Some drugs can interact with the birth control pill. So the best thing to do when you are prescribed a new drug is to ask your doctor or pharmacist about possible interactions.

The last one, however, is a myth: generic brands of the pill work as well as name brands.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.